Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont know what to do with my life

• 17-06-2013 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭

Dont know what to do with my life and ive till next week to decide :( I'm 24 an need to get some momentum going in my life

Currently doing IT networking course finding it ok only doing it to get a job I suppose.. CAO next week to pursue networking or not?? Here are my options

1) networking degree. Good job prospects, don't know if its for me tho. I get a buzz when things work out but get stressed very quickly when I cant fix something

2) business and IT, bad feedback at the open days, course only touches on IT plus no work experience included

3)a general degree like leisure management, as i like sports and meeting people an this and that.. Job prospects i don't think are great at the moment tho :/

4) go to oz and work on a site with my brother, decent pay and weather however 60 hrs a week is sick, which will mean no life at all !!! Anyone have exp of 60 hour week shifts ???

The clock is ticking hope I make the right choice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

dunno what lm doing with my life, but lm going to a life coach tuesday to give me some kind of direction. Would you evr go to one or a career guidance person??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

dunno what lm doing with my life, but lm going to a life coach tuesday to give me some kind of direction. Would you evr go to one or a career guidance person??

Yea they mainly just listen and don't give solid advice.. Im a lost soul.. I kinda want to go college for the student life experience but really don't know what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

didnt go to college myself, l know what you mean but lm gonna try & get some guidance anyway. If i were you l'd go to one, ok you think they dont give solid advice, but they might throw some ideas, come up with something or might tell you something you dont know. I'd be tempeted to go to oz for a few months just to save up some money to keep me going for a while & could also pay for college if you do end up going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

didnt go to college myself, l know what you mean but lm gonna try & get some guidance anyway. If i were you l'd go to one, ok you think they dont give solid advice, but they might throw some ideas, come up with something or might tell you something you dont know. I'd be tempeted to go to oz for a few months just to save up some money to keep me going for a while & could also pay for college if you do end up going?

True yea guess i inly ever talked to two. I do enjoy hearing about other careers.. Im trying to cater around my weaknesses which would be maths which rules out certain options, I'm a people person, id actually love a job in a job centre or something meeting and helping people, was going to do social studies last year until i read on this all the negative feedback from them type degrees. So heard IT is in demand I'm sampling that now to soon to say

I don't need money for college, I'm kinda leaving the oz thing for last resort as it is like having no life one day off a week which would be probably spent re cooperating

Advertisement