Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in City Centre after 7pm

Options
  • 17-06-2013 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Need to go to City Centre tomorrow or next eve after 7pm. Anyone know where I can park at a very reasonable rate, free would be good too lol, for a couple of hours..... I know a few schools and things do Parking till 6pm but it'll be after 6. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

Need to go to City Centre tomorrow or next eve after 7pm. Anyone know where I can park at a very reasonable rate, free would be good too lol, for a couple of hours..... I know a few schools and things do Parking till 6pm but it'll be after 6. Thanks.

Any pay and display car park is free after 6 or half past maybe. Depending on the side of the city you want to go to.... Milstreet beside garda station. Beside Sally longs. Wood quay. The black box. Or any of the designated car park spaces on the side of the road from west to east of the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ohhhh I hadn't thought of feicin' streets at all!!!! :o D'oh silly head on me. Cheers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Rates and times of council run car parks: http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/RoadsandTraffic/ParkingintheCity/PublicCarParks/

Just remember that parking around the docks is pay and display 24hours, even along the side of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Mill St carpark, free after 6.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Cool thanks everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Just make sure you don't park at a taxi rank (there's more and more popping up around the town!) or as mentioned, anywhere down the docks (including long walk) as it's 24hr paid parking.

Also, Merchants road has a section for bus parking only. I got caught there one Friday night, parked up at 8.40pm came back at 9pm and was clamped! Often walk that road and never realized there was prohibited parking there,
    Just check for any signs like that.

Advertisement