Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fibromyalgia and DA

Options
  • 17-06-2013 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI im 19 and have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia due to these I have been unable to find a suitable job and I also had to defer my year in college. Basically what I was wondering is if anyone with fibromyalgia has been given the disability allowance I also have chrones disease which was diagnosed a year and a half ago . My main concern is the fact that I tend to go back to college in September and I wont get a grant since I defered and also I rang to find out when abouts id find out whether or not id get it and they said they aree still on forms they received in September 2012 and I sent mine in march .. Hope someone can help me out :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mikejay1

Hi Sinead085 - am sorry to hear you have fibromyalgia also (have had myself since about 12). i run a support group in Donegal (there are various groups throughout ireland - check out www.fibroireland.com or www.fmsni.org.uk.
    there are many different circumstances taken into account with regards to da or any benefits. it's a long long waiting game i'm afraid in all cases though. if you are able to get your gp to write a letter on your behalf that can often help - also if you are called for interview with them in any case, having health professional with you.
    sorry for not been able to be more specific.

Advertisement