Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editors - The Weight Of Your Love

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i just dont understand how they could strip the songs down so much :rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I'm going to have to let it grow on me.

I've enjoyed all their other albums pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

RikkFlair wrote: »
    I really like The Sting, pity they left it off the main album, guess I'll have to get the deluxe edition then!

Actually another song they stripped back a lot from it's original. I've had the older version of it (below) on my mp3 player for over a year and the new version certainly won't be replacing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the back room got number 2 in 2005 ,an end has a start got number 1 in 2007 and in this light got within the top 5 in 2009 :rolleyes: seems to be a pattern to me so wheres this album going to chart , something tells me if they wnt with chris's ideas they could have got another number 1 album :rolleyes: i really do wish they gave chris's ideas a chance, from all the videos on youtube of the original tracks of the album versions the album would have had serious potential, but i just cant get over how they stripped the album back so much :confused: what were they trying to achieve

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

2 bonus tracks that were only on the deluxe version of the album. Like a lot of earlier Editors B-Sides, 'Comrade Spill My Blood' could have easily made the album. Not a fan of 'Get Low', like a few tracks on the album, sounds so hollow.

For anyone who hasnt heard some of their B-Sides, I'd highly recommend doing so. Songs like The Picture, Come Share The View, Banging Heads, The Diplomat, Colours, Forest Fire, Heads in Bags, Some Kind of Spark, Crawl Down The Wall, Dust In The Sunlight. All quality tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Xavi6 wrote: »
    As Interpol a song you'll get without actually being Interpol. Sounds like something off Our Love To Admire.

My favorite Interpol album too! :)

Advertisement