Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Results/Fails 2013

Options
  • 17-06-2013 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know when the email if you have failed is due out? Is there a time we should expect it etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tablampa

I just rang SAA there and they said the emails will be sent out the same day as the results, even though on the su facebook page it said they were thinking of sending them out a week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Thank you

No problem. The confusion about this was a bit ridiculous so I wanted to help if possible.

It's pointless sending an email now as we will see Monday when looking up results. I wish they were organised and said emails will be sent at this time and this day or else say nothing at all

I agree completely. Saying that the emails might be sent today just worried people for no reason. I'm always happy to wait until the day that they come out but this semester I was expecting the emails so I'd know if I had to worry on Monday or not. It was silly to mention it before having it confirmed since people got stressed for no reason.

• Advertisement

Hopefully some people will comment back saying the emails are out or something just so we won't have to worry

I would also love that but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. The one I rang in SAA didn't seem to know much about it and did have to go ask someone so I was hoping maybe she got it wrong. She was also really rude :/ People have mentioned this on the su page on facebook so maybe Paddy will comment on it to confirm when the emails will be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Isn't Paddy away this week?

He is, yeah. But he still managed to respond to emails about this and posted something about it on facebook. Either way, it's been said that the emails are being sent on Monday which I still think is ridiculous, and I know many people agree, but nothing can be done now. We just have to wait.

Tablampa wrote: »
    He is, yeah. But he still managed to respond to emails about this and posted something about it on facebook. Either way, it's been said that the emails are being sent on Monday which I still think is ridiculous, and I know many people agree, but nothing can be done now. We just have to wait.

Why is it ridiculous that we have to wait until the day of the results to find out the results?

• Advertisement

I think you misunderstood what I'm saying. I think it's ridiculous to send out the emails on the day of the results since you already know at that point if you have to repeat anything or not based on the results you've gotten. I realise that the emails are also for the results from last semester but it just seems a bit pointless to send them out the day the results are out.

I also think that they should let people know a week in advance if they've failed anything or not considering they have all of the results approved and everything and have had them approved for at least a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd have to check the letter I got last year, but the letters/emails are not to notify that you have to repeat. They're to inform you of that repeat process (i.e. dates for registration, cost, rechecks, etc).

I don't see why you feel you should know your results a week in advance of everyone else tbh. I don't understand how it would benefit you, or how it infringes on you to wait.

Well if it's to inform you of the process itself then that's completely fair enough so my apologies for not being aware of that.

I don't need to know the results early since I've always been able to wait until the day they're out. I only thought that they should've clarified that the emails wouldn't be sent out when it was said on the su page that the consensus was that they'd be sent out a week before. I realise it wasn't confirmed but because it wasn't confirmed either way a lot of people got very stressed about this.

Also, as I have said at the start of this comment, I wasn't fully aware of what the letters / emails were for and I do accept that I was wrong. But because I thought they were just informing you of what modules to pass, I didn't think it made sense to send an email like this on the day the results were out. But I now know there's more to it so I take that back.

And to be honest, I don't see the point in getting in to a stupid internet debate about this so I'm going to leave it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Tablampa wrote: »
    Well if it's to inform you of the process itself then that's completely fair enough so my apologies for not being aware of that.

I don't need to know the results early since I've always been able to wait until the day they're out. I only thought that they should've clarified that the emails wouldn't be sent out when it was said on the su page that the consensus was that they'd be sent out a week before. I realise it wasn't confirmed but because it wasn't confirmed either way a lot of people got very stressed about this.

Also, as I have said at the start of this comment, I wasn't fully aware of what the letters / emails were for and I do accept that I was wrong. But because I thought they were just informing you of what modules to pass, I didn't think it made sense to send an email like this on the day the results were out. But I now know there's more to it so I take that back.

And to be honest, I don't see the point in getting in to a stupid internet debate about this so I'm going to leave it here.

Came to boards and weren't looking for a debate? how naive :D

garv123 wrote: »
    Came to boards and weren't looking for a debate? how naive :D

Is that not how it work?
    Debate is not the word I woukd have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shorter

Oh ye was wondering this myslf! Scared to check my emails all week!! Id rather know it advance too! Are the ul results ever out on a friday if the date is a monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Result are due 9am on Monday, earliest I know them to be released is 7.30/8.00 on that morning

Best of luck
    It's strange there are no results for me on coop til August but I still check on Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shorter

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Result are due 9am on Monday, earliest I know them to be released is 7.30/8.00 on that morning

Best of luck
    It's strange there are no results for me on coop til August but I still check on Monday. :)

Hah lucky u! I hate this semesterisation ! In ucc we got results once a year and that was enuf for me ha i shall b up at 6 to chek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Hi All,
    At the Request of Student Academic Admin Some info relating to exams.

12/13 semester 2 grade results will be available to all students on June 24th at 9am from www.results.ul.ie Please ensure that you know your UL Pc log in details as these are required to view your results. If you do not know this password please e-mail ITSS@ul.ie

Graduating students can view final awards from www.si.ul.ie from June 24th at 9am.

Full student transcripts for all will be available from June 25th at 9am from www.si.ul.ie

Regards,

Student Academic Administration |University of Limerick

And just from myself and the team here:

Here are some quick links to any of the issues that may arise around exam time

Exam Results
    OR
    Informational video:

Grade Rechecks

Viewing Exam Scripts

Repeats

Link-ins

Difficulty Accessing Results/Forgot Password

So you’ve failed an exam…Info Video

D1/D2’s, Compensating fails and QCA

Grading Bands

Angry, disappointed and pretty sure it’s the lecturers fault!?

And Just some info for you on the day

Emails

I am available to answer emails from 8.30am -2pm Monday (Just because of the time difference) I will be answering them all morning so if you can try to get your queries and questions in then. This time of year has many students who are anxious worried and more than likely pulled an all nighter checking their results on the hour every hour so I will be dealing with them as they come in.

Twitter
    I will be live tweeting throughout the day with any issues that have come up. If you do not wish to ask the question in such a public forum stick to email but from this site I will be sending out generic "frequently dealt with issues" which may point you in the right direction so keep an eye on those too!
    you can follow me here:

@VPAcademicULSU

Facebook
    Similarly to emails I will be available online 8.30am to 2pm. so if you want to pop up on facebook chat its best to do it by liking this page and mailing that one which is here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ULSU-Education-Officer/184311771189
    I can get through these fairly quickly and should have you sorted in no time.

Quicklinks
    I have created a quicklinks links above that should help you if you can pinpoint what your issue is. If you take a look at this note here it has the "frequently dealt with issues" of the past year. Click the link and there's your answer. If you need more information send pop up on Chat, Email or Twitter and we'll have you sorted!

Thats all for now - you might notice that alot of the "frequently dealt with issues" are a bit doom and gloom, thats because no-body ever drops me an email, chat or tweet to say how well they have done (you dont really need my help to celebrate) so if you have done well share it with us too!

From all the team

I'm Ron Burgundy?
    The very best of luck to you all!
    The Su Team

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Lads having no luck finding out policy with discretionary bands apart from being within .10 is a requirment, is there anything else like a certain grade in FYP or it is just the within .10 band and you get it. 2.91 here with results to come

• Advertisement

Lads having no luck finding out policy with discretionary bands apart from being within .10 is a requirment, is there anything else like a certain grade in FYP or it is just the within .10 band and you get it. 2.91 here with results to come
    They should call you in for an interview to see if your good enough to be bumped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Jester252 wrote: »
    They should call you in for an interview to see if your good enough to be bumped up.
    O really? Any idea what the interview is like? Thanks for the swift reply :)

O really? Any idea what the interview is like? Thanks for the swift reply :)

No idea, depends on the department more or likely

Sure is great getting up this morning for once not having to check exam results :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

theyre already up :D

Think I passed all, a c3 is what?

TheGunns wrote: »
    theyre already up :D

Think I passed all, a c3 is what?

A pass

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

3.43, first class honours, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Kagawa wrote: »
    3.43, first class honours, happy days!!

Congrats!! That's an amazing achievement! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

My last set of UL exam results and they also happen to be my best!

Somehow managed to get an overall A1 in the module where I ran out of time in the exam and didn't get to finish writing an essay... alright then!

2.1 degree, I'm happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Very happy (and very surprised) with my results, QCA of 3.68 this semester!
    What qualifies as a first class honors degree, out of interest?
    And what QCA qualifies for the president's letter?

Advertisement