Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor vs tv

Options
  • 17-06-2013 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,
    Don't normally post in this section, but I need a bit of advice.
    my monitor ( samtron gh19 ls, square? 2005) with a budget acer desktop, dies from time to time. If I unplug the power cable for a while , it will work again, switching off doesn't do it.
    Tried a 24in wide screen monitor briefly, but it looked small compared to the old one. wondering about a 27/28, expensive! what about a tv? did a quick search, but couldn't find any recent comments, I was hoping that some newer hd tvs might be ok as monitors. had thought I could read emails without glasses, wishful thinking.
    Used for; web searches, email, YouTube and accounts, and thinking about Netflix
    TIA.
    D:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Should work ok, but if you connect via VGA cable you will need speakers (although I assume you already do) If your computer has HDMI or DVI output then even better, very sharp graphics & you should be able to send the sound to the tv speakers. But do check the tv has at least a VGA input.
    I briefly used my 32" Sony via hdmi and VGA, obviously HDMI was sharper but VGA was pretty good too.

Advertisement