Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Complaint

Options
  • 17-06-2013 10:38am
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,
    Here is my experience with eFibre today.

1. I check my number again this morning expecting the usual 'Not Available' but to my surprise and delight I get this

eFibre_available_1.JPG
    eFibre_available.JPG
    2. I ring the number and give my details and they say they can't process the order and will put me through to someone who can.

3. I am put through to eFibre sales and am told that I can get it and which package I would like. I ask what speed my line is capable of and she tells me she will need to put me through to another team who can tell me and process the order.

4. I get put through to customer support who have nothing to do with eFibre and can tell me nothing about my line speed. Cue another call forward

5. This time I get Tech Support who can do nothing for me for eFibre and say they will put me through to eFibre sales.

6. After some time on hold I get the same chap again (Paul) from Tech support who apologies and puts me on hold again.

7. This time I get Broadband support and before he asks me for all my details again I ask if he can do the eFibre sale and he can't and I explain about the multiple calls so he finds an agent for me while I'm on hold again.

8. He comes back and says he talked to the eFibre team and they say the Drogheda Exchange won't be enabled till the 30th July. Obviously I know this is not the case so I question it and eventually the line is, the exchange is enabled but my area can't get it. He eventually says he'll put me through to eFibre sales again.

9. Someone answers and doesn't identify themselves and just says hold on and puts me on hold again

10. I get the Menu system again so choose 1 for Eircom Customer

11. I end up with Customer Services again and explain what I am looking for after giving me details yet again. She says she can't help and will put me through to eFibre sales

12. I finally get back to eFibre sales and this time the girls tells me that my area is not available. I explain that the website says it's available and she doesn't know why and I question why it says I can get it and she is telling me I can't to which she replies, 'I never said you couldn't get it'. I asked if I could order it then and she said it's not available till the 12th July. Now, I can either get it now or I can't. In this instance, I can't. The website lied, 3 or 4 of the Eircom staff I talked to lied and then after all that I get told I can't get it.

It's actually shocking just how bad this roll out has been and the shocking customer service being applied

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Based on your post, i checked for my own area and got told i could order it. Got put through to the sales team and was on hold for a while (i'm in work at the moment so had to hang up). The chap i was talking to did mention though that the eFibre wont work on Windows Vista machines. They would have to be upgraded to Windows 7?

Edit: Also, the lead time between ordering and connection is now only a few days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The chap i was talking to did mention though that the eFibre wont work on Windows Vista machines. They would have to be upgraded to Windows 7?
    Sounds like rubbish to me. Vista did have some WPA/WPA2 connecting issues, but afaik these are resolved in SP1 /or 2. I.e once you keep Vista up to date you should be ok.

Nick

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Edit: Also, the lead time between ordering and connection is now only a few days.
    Not much use when it's not available at all. If Eircom agents have the availability date at hand, surely that could be fed in to the online checker and the checker could say, 'You will be able to get eFibre from the 12th July, please contact us after this date'. Instead they tell us we can get it and make us waste more of our time ringing up.

Thats what i thought. Seemed very strange, but he was persistant in the fact that i would have to either upgrade before i place the order as the tech wont be able to do anything, or i could hand him my iPad to do his thing and then upgrade the 2 computers at my own leisure.

I'm sceptical about all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Based on your post, i checked for my own area and got told i could order it. Got put through to the sales team and was on hold for a while (i'm in work at the moment so had to hang up). The chap i was talking to did mention though that the eFibre wont work on Windows Vista machines. They would have to be upgraded to Windows 7?

Good god!
    Is he employed by MS?

• Advertisement

He must be. I'm now sceptical about the lead time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nc63

I was told by Vodafone that the lead time between connection and ordering is 15 days, which seemed a little excessive to me. If they don't have me live by this time two weeks, I'll be going elsewhere.

There did seem to be a long lead time initially, but i'm sure they are getting the hang of the installs and order queues now.

Just on the phone with them now, 13 mins so far, being passed from broadband sales to customer care back to broadband sales, when all i want is fibre sales.

Confirmed: Available 12th July.

The girl i was talking to (eventually) said that everyone else on the front line phones in Eircom would be using the same online checker that we the customer uses, thats why when we've called today, everyone has been saying that yes we can get it, until we hit the eFibre customer care team. She plugged my number into the exchange which said yes the line is upgraded for eFibre (I'm assuming this means that the cab work is finished and that it is ready to go) but there was a date of 12th July next to the number (Probably the day the cab is officially commissioned and opened up to the network).

She also said that they where having some problems with the eFibre system and hopefully it would be back up and running correctly around 3pm, so if we wanted to call back after 3, they might have better news for us (She doubted that though). Have to say she was very helpful in explaining why we have been told by others that it available.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Confirmed: Available 12th July.

The girl i was talking to (eventually) said that everyone else on the front line phones in Eircom would be using the same online checker that we the customer uses, thats why when we've called today, everyone has been saying that yes we can get it, until we hit the eFibre customer care team. She plugged my number into the exchange which said yes the line is upgraded for eFibre (I'm assuming this means that the cab work is finished and that it is ready to go) but there was a date of 12th July next to the number (Probably the day the cab is officially commissioned and opened up to the network).

She also said that they where having some problems with the eFibre system and hopefully it would be back up and running correctly around 3pm, so if we wanted to call back after 3, they might have better news for us (She doubted that though). Have to say she was very helpful in explaining why we have been told by others that it available.
    It's beyond frustrating to be pushed around multiple people, giving the same info to all of them and getting conflicting information from people in the same office. Maybe the 12th July date is to allow the installs to be staggered and not have a massive build up of orders that need to be processed. Either way, the online checker should not tell us it's available and to ring them only to be told it's not available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What in gods name has the OS got to do with the connection to the router?

Advertisement