Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange eircomphone call...

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Hi guys my internet went down there 20 minutes ago so i rang 1901, put in my phone number and pressed the option for broadband support, 

the respondent to my call was asking strange questions (as in questions i've never been asked when on a call before to eircom) and im a bit worried tbh, so much so i cut the call short without the issue being totally resolved.

started the call asking for my phone number, which i gave fair enough, name on my account, which i gave, my email address, which i gave, and then my date of birth and full address which i have never been asked for so i refused to give.

i told him the problem was all devices were connected to the internet but webpages weren't loading and i tried turning on and off the router, nothing worked,

he then asked what devices i had, so i said a tablet, a phone and a laptop.

he then asked what kind of laptop it was so i told him a macbook, 

then he asked what os it was again i supplied the information,

then he asked what brand the phone and tablet were, 

i tried explaining that it didn't really matter as it wasn't working across all devices and he got cross with me and said "look i am trying to help you here" he asked what type of devices we had online in the house so i again told him but i was getting unnerved at this point by all the constant questions about the brands of products and how many different brands we had, (is this normal by eircom employes he didn't ask how many devices we had but how many by what brand they were)  he also kept cutting across me and wouldn't listen to the issue as i was trying to describe it, 

he then told me to turn off and on the router while it was off he asked if i could see it on my iphone, despite the fact i was on the phone at the time and knew i wouldn't see it while the router was off???

and he kept asking if it said connected???with the router off? he seemed annoyed at me when i said "i can't see the network name, the router is off"

when the router came back online i told him it was connecting but webpages weren't loading, eventually pages started loading really slowly despite the fact we are on fiber.

as soon as i had some connection he again continually pressed to look up my ip address and give it to him??? i felt really uncomfortable at this point and cut off the call.

he seemed more interested about what brands we had in our home than helping out on the call, and was quite agressive in tone, usually the employees i have dealt with on the phone would at least be casual conversationalist and would listen to what you say and ask question relating more directly to the issue, rather than what brand electronics you are using to connect to the internet?

is this a normal eircom support call?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Hi guys my internet went down there 20 minutes ago so i rang 1901, put in my phone number and pressed the option for broadband support, 

the respondent to my call was asking strange questions (as in questions i've never been asked when on a call before to eircom) and im a bit worried tbh, so much so i cut the call short without the issue being totally resolved.

started the call asking for my phone number, which i gave fair enough, name on my account, which i gave, my email address, which i gave, and then my date of birth and full address which i have never been asked for so i refused to give.

i told him the problem was all devices were connected to the internet but webpages weren't loading and i tried turning on and off the router, nothing worked,

he then asked what devices i had, so i said a tablet, a phone and a laptop.

he then asked what kind of laptop it was so i told him a macbook, 

then he asked what os it was again i supplied the information,

then he asked what brand the phone and tablet were, 

i tried explaining that it didn't really matter as it wasn't working across all devices and he got cross with me and said "look i am trying to help you here" he asked what type of devices we had online in the house so i again told him but i was getting unnerved at this point by all the constant questions about the brands of products and how many different brands we had, (is this normal by eircom employes he didn't ask how many devices we had but how many by what brand they were)  he also kept cutting across me and wouldn't listen to the issue as i was trying to describe it, 

he then told me to turn off and on the router while it was off he asked if i could see it on my iphone, despite the fact i was on the phone at the time and knew i wouldn't see it while the router was off???

and he kept asking if it said connected???with the router off? he seemed annoyed at me when i said "i can't see the network name, the router is off"

when the router came back online i told him it was connecting but webpages weren't loading, eventually pages started loading really slowly despite the fact we are on fiber.

as soon as i had some connection he again continually pressed to look up my ip address and give it to him??? i felt really uncomfortable at this point and cut off the call.

he seemed more interested about what brands we had in our home than helping out on the call, and was quite agressive in tone, usually the employees i have dealt with on the phone would at least be casual conversationalist and would listen to what you say and ask question relating more directly to the issue, rather than what brand electronics you are using to connect to the internet?

is this a normal eircom support call?

Hi
    hoodwinked

I think you were asked these questions in regards to brands as there are a small number of customers experiencing issues with some versions of apple operating system. I think he should have advised this first and I would like to apologise for any concern and inconvenience this has caused.
    Unfortunately we are unable to offer technical support to efibre broadband from here so If indeed the issues are still existing another call to technical support is required.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Hi
    hoodwinked

I think you were asked these questions in regards to brands as there are a small number of customers experiencing issues with some versions of apple operating system. I think he should have advised this first and I would like to apologise for any concern and inconvenience this has caused.
    Unfortunately we are unable to offer technical support to efibre broadband from here so If indeed the issues are still existing another call to technical support is required.

Al
    it wasn't just apple brands he was enquiring about though, and no i don't require technical assistance, i am just worried about the level of details requested by staff, and the manner in which they are asked.

i literally have never experienced a call this rude, angry, invasive and unhelpful by eircom before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

hoodwinked wrote: »
    it wasn't just apple brands he was enquiring about though, and no i don't require technical assistance, i am just worried about the level of details requested by staff, and the manner in which they are asked.

i literally have never experienced a call this rude, angry, invasive and unhelpful by eircom before...
    [size=9pt][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this andapologise for the agent being so rude. [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to make a formal complaint in relation to thisyou can contact 1800 200 481. They will log the complaint, investigate it and come back to you with a resolution within 10 days. [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sorry I can't help you any further. [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][/size]

[size=9pt][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tracey [/font][/size]

Advertisement