Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S2 vs HTC One?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Yeah I know might seem like funny question.
    I have both new the S2 is open and i'm currently using it, I was using the Nexus S and this is a nice upgrade for me compared to nexus which had slowed down a lot.
    The HTC One is still in the box unopened. Can't decide whether to sell it or open and use it. the main cons I see with HTC one is that the battery cant be removed (the battery on the S2 seems to go fairly quickly if i am using it at all during the day and by evening needs a charge)

To but a long story short, the S2 seems like a decent phone to me, do I really need a HTC One?
    Any helpful comments gratefully appreciated

What features are important to you in a phone? camera, gps, Bluetooth, navigation
    Form factor - i.e. touchscreen
    Internet - is 3G
    Operator - I'm with Meteor - Bill-pay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

is the htc one phone unlocked and how much sell for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Well the way it seems to be with both phones being quite similar in power, both having similar features, it would really be down to if you prefer the Samsung or HTC UI & layout. You could go into a phone shop like carphone warehouse and have a go of the HTC One to see what it's like before opening it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

S2 or S4?

Cos the S2 doesn't compare to the HTC One if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

kaimera wrote: »
    S2 or S4?

Cos the S2 doesn't compare to the HTC One if thats the case.

Oh wow, I read that wrong. Thought it said S4 for some reason. In that case, defo the HTC One!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Its the S2 I have,
    I know the HTC One is more powerful, the speakers to me are a gimmick as I run the sound through proper speakers when I use the phone for music. The 8mb pixel camera on the S2 is enough for me too. I know the HTC has a faster more powerful processor, but at the end of the day I can't see anything that I can't run on the S2, am I missing anything??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Then the s2 is a great phone.

I traded up to the s3 and in hindsight I shouldn't have. S2 was imo a better all round phone aside from the tech specs

Advertisement