Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Cert in Counselling & Psychotherapy from PCI College

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi - I'm thinking of doing the distance learning Cert in Counselling & Psychotherapy from PCI College.
    This is more for personal development and growing my knowledge in this area, rather than going on to do further study in the area (though you never know!). I'm only starting off my background checking on these types of courses and this one grabbed my interest.
    Has anyone done this course, would they recommend it?
    Any thoughts/advice welcome.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eliza Lynch

Hi

I am looking in to this also - I think its best if the course is accredited by the ICHAS in limerick?
    Check this at least other than that I can be of no help sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Peacemaker

If you are looking for personal development and to get a feel for the work, then I don't think a distance learning course will help you with that. That's my opinion. There are good foundation courses out there, which have plenty of experiential work facilitated by good therapists; it depends where you live. ICHAS has been discussed lots on this site, so there are plenty of opinions available to you on that.

Advertisement