Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breda Semi ??

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    Anyone here know much about these. Trying to find out some info on them am am curious how people rate them etc etc.
    Regards
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

They're a decent semi for the money. I held a chiron there about two weeks ago and really liked the feel of it. Much better than the beretta outlander which felt really cheap and plasticy tbh. They come cased with a full set of chokes for about €1,300, the xanthos is a nice gun too but I prefer synthetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭raymo19

Hi,
    I don't know anything about the newer Breda semi's but I have shot one of their older models. The Breda was nearly identicle to a Benelli semi I had at the time and also used an inertia system(No Gas). I would say both guns came from the same blueprint. It was circa 20 Yrs old and looked like it had a lot of shooting done. As it happens Mike Yardley shot pidgeon with that very same Breda semi and was seriously impressed with it. Hope this helps.

Raymo.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Thanks Guys
    Anyone got any links for reviews ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I had one, used it a couple times a month for 5 years and it broke an internal part. Turns out they're out of business a few years now. Now it's a large, expensive paperweight on the RFD's shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

I had one, used it a couple times a month for 5 years and it broke an internal part. Turns out they're out of business a few years now. Now it's a large, expensive paperweight on the RFD's shelf!

I think someone is taking the p**s out of you,
    Breda are very much still in business and I'm sure you could get parts if you contacted them from their website http://www.bredafucili.com/en/author/breda
    They have two dealers in Ireland Lakelands shooting centre and Ardee sports both have stock of these.

FOXHUNTER1 wrote: »
    I think someone is taking the p**s out of you,
    Breda are very much still in business and I'm sure you could get parts if you contacted them from their website http://www.bredafucili.com/en/author/breda
    They have two dealers in Ireland Lakelands shooting centre and Ardee sports both have stock of these.

Lakelands found it next to impossible to get parts and Ardee didn't want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Did you try contacting them yourself?
    Might be worth a shot.

FOXHUNTER1 wrote: »
    Did you try contacting them yourself?
    Might be worth a shot.

Agree with Foxhunter here... you should email them with the exact part number you need not a "you know that thingamybob that goes into the whatsit" ;);););)

• Advertisement

I did and got no reply although it was the main slide that was broken and it contains the firing pin so I would have had to get an import licence for it.

It would have been much easier if a RFD imported it for me.

I got a decent price on a new Beretta Ulrika 2 and haven't looked back.

Advertisement