Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much notice to give tenant?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

I have a friend who is tried of there tenant not paying rent and always behind but since January they have fallen behind a lot on top of what they were before, I'm not too sure how much they owe but its in thousands I think there paid up to Jan 2013.

The tricky thing is that there over 6 years and he doesn't know how much notice to give. They had a lease that is working month to month which is a part 4 tenancy. Can he just give them 14 days notice for the arrears of the rent, then 28 days to evict or does he have to give them 112 days as they there so long. I've tried finding information but just a bit confused about the information given.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

14 days notice of arrears then 28 days notice of eviction. Normal notice periods do not apply in this instance; it is a special case where non-payment of rent is concerned.

I would advise your friend to seek legal advice to make sure that they follow each step in the process to the absolute letter, and that all notices are absolutely legally watertight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Thanks

Advertisement