Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Squad mates for BF3/BF4 for PC

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Myself and a buddy have been playing BF3 about 400hrs+ mainly on the Xbox. We used to have a good few lads who we used to regularly squad up with. We both decided to get back into pc gaming and don't really know anyone to join our squad on BF3 on the PC. As you know BF3 is all about the squad/team play and its really fun playing with friends this is something that we really miss.

Its grand playing with just the two and occasionally a few randoms but it really is better to be able to fill a squads because randoms can be hit and miss .

We were thinking of joining a community rather than clan because even though we enjoy winning and playing as a team I don't think the competitive clan match's is for me. I saw the post about the Irish servers but all the links are dead, is the Craggy Island server still active?

So in short we are looking for either some Irish players to add us on origin or a community to join. We will usually be on-line after 7pm -12am during the week and from 12pm to 4am weekends.

Signing off,
    Dip,Dip Potato Chip.

Ricochet69 -Mine

irishpete99 - Buddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jonqwe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Id be happy to jump in! Been playing BF on pc since i swapped over and never had any people to play with which ment i never stuck out alot of games!

added you both there its AthelianOG

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Id be happy to jump in! Been playing BF on pc since i swapped over and never had any people to play with which ment i never stuck out alot of games!

added you both there its AthelianOG

Sweet thanks man. what do you guys use for comms? TS or the battlelog chat? my new rig should be here wed so should be back online soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jonqwe

The teamspeak channels are

British Sergeants' Mess [BSM] Tactical l Active Admins

and Craggy
    Craggy-Island TeamSpeak 3
    eurots5.gameservers.com:9197

im on one of these always
    anyone can join

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I sent you guys friends requests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Ricochet69 wrote: »
    Sweet thanks man. what do you guys use for comms? TS or the battlelog chat? my new rig should be here wed so should be back online soon.

I dont use any but i can haha what i was saying was i dont usually have people to play with so id join up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

You can add me in as well: MayoForSam

I'm in a similar position to the OP, logged many BF3 hours on the 360 but edging back towards PC gaming at the moment. Late evenings suit me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Id love to play with a decent squad.

Beno619 ;)

Thanks guys for all the invites. Just got new pc setup so will hopefully get a good game in tomorrow evening. Installing battlefield as i speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Petroglyph

Hi folks,

Just added a few of you there. Looking for some good squad action! And a bit of craic of course!

Abbeylanders

• Advertisement

added you too. so far only really played with snail and plague. Although have not been on too much. Ill join your game next time i see ya online keep an eye on the chat and we can jump into teamspeak

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

add me as well.."Airblazer"
    Havent' played in a while and keen to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Add me Nedved85 - PC

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

add me skin_skin82

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Added a few of you there, hope to see you all around some servers in preparation for BF4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

legend3655

Been playing a lot more recently with a mate using random free TS servers. Usually on big maps. Add me.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the friend requests got loads in my friends list now. I know ive got a load of bf friends now but please dont bother adding me if ye arent going to at least change squad when i try to join ye in game. If your playing with your other buddies and your squad is full thats no problem, i just mean its kinda pointless otherwise. To be fair i know a lot of people havnt been playing much bf3 as its getting old now so hopefully ill start seeing more people online when bf4 comes out.

The other problem ive come across is that people will be playing but i have no way of talking to them. Ive been using the craggy teamspeak myself but maybe bf4 will bring better ingame voip.

Look i havnt even been online that much lately due to doing a lot of travel. Hopefully will be online a bit more going into sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

zathurais

im fair ****e at the moment, still getting used to the keyboard n mouse nonsense. wouldnt mind joining up with some peoples tho

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Started playing BF3 (had it for age's but never played much as my online buddies were all playing the COD series) getting fed up with the hacking on that so playing a bit of BF3 until BF4 arrives
    Origin user name Portlawslim
    Can't add anyone at the moment as I'm in work will add as so as I log on at home:)
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 46 O1

Adding everyone in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Just been on with Abbeylanders, Beno619 and Zathurais(get a head set:P) . had the TS going and a few of my mates joined as well good craic..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Hey lads im just getting used to bf3 now and am lvl 15. Looking to get in on this group if that's cool? Add me! 'Sirinava'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Hi red,i added you although i dont play to much atm as i'm waiting for bf4 :D

Lol cant find you on battlelog.

Yay i found you :D

game4it70 wrote: »
    Hi red,i added you although i dont play to much atm as i'm waiting for bf4 :D

Lol cant find you on battlelog.

Yay i found you :D

Nice one. Ill be logging in tonight hopefully so ill see ye there and add a few more of ye on origin.
    :)

Just adding all of you now, will favourite those servers and DL Teamspeak to get into it. Ill be annoying you all soon enough! :)

Actually not quite yet as I dont have a headset yet.... so Ill see if can I listen in and communicate through the text messaging in-game if need be.

Also, will hopefully see ye in BF4 soon!! HELLYEAH

Ahem... ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Added everyone on the thread... hope to get back to some fun games for once , as we all know its better when in a proper team.

Silentknite29 OOOORAHH!! :)

So what do you all use for communicating? Teamspeak? Which channel? Does it only kick in when u open up bf3? I just installed it for the first time.

Guys,

I think many people here are misunderstanding what this post was for. I only set it up so that i would have a few more people to actually play as a squad. So far ive got about 20 additional friends and ive only actually played with 3 of them. So guys this isnt meant to be "post your gamername here and get people added" post its meant for people who really want to play as a squad. Please only add if you really want some squad play.

So ive come across situations where ill join in one of the guys that added me here, and the guy is either too busy sniping or stays on the other team or is doing something else (non objective based) and that defeats the whole purpose of what i wanted to get out of this. Now dont get me wrong, ive been traveling a good bit and havnt been online and i dont expect people to drop what they are doing just join me, also the communications is awhful in battlefield, if i see someone online i have 3 choices of how to communicate 1.Origin chat (people never notice messages on this or turn it off) 2. battlelog chat (which you only see when your out of a game) 3. in game chat (its hit of miss if anyone sees this). But before you add me or my buddy please try to remember why i started this thread.

Im sure ill see more of you online when BF4 comes out and hey 5 man squads could be sweet. See you guys on the battlefield.

The Red wrote: »
    So what do you all use for communicating? Teamspeak? Which channel? Does it only kick in when u open up bf3? I just installed it for the first time.

I use Teamspeak all the time and im on the Craggy TS server. Which seems to be the best one to use ATM.

So guys if you want to play as a team and your jumping onto battlefield 3, join the Craggy TS server and that way if i or others decide to jump into your game we can talk to you and ask ya to swap team or whatever to get a squad going.

Craggy Teamspeak Details:
    Craggy-Island TeamSpeak 3
    eurots5.gameservers.com:9197

• Advertisement

Im going to try to get set up tonight, hopefully see some of you there.

THE CRAIC!!!! :D

Advertisement