Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due February 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

Saw the doctor this morning and he was talking of maybe inducing me after next week because I have a few red flags for PET even though I'm asymptomatic. So off he went to ask the consultant for her opinion and he came back and told me that the consultant would prefer to deliver me within the next few days :eek: :eek: I don't want to get my hopes up because they are constantly changing their minds but the thought that I could have my little bundle by the end of weekend is both exciting and absolutely terrifying :eek: :D

Aww congrats Luciano Prehistoric Axe hope all goes well for you :)

if I was told that news I'd be beaming from one ear to the other can't wait to meet my little man 1 more week till my due date :) having no pains or anything but I do have loads of pressure going on which midwife said is a good thing

Best of luck with it all

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BeanieBuddy

I'm due on the 8th Feb, and baby's head is about 2/5ths engaged. Sleep is getting more and more difficult due to pelvic pain and pressure on my hips, but I'm lucky to be at home and able to take naps during the day.

It's hard to believe we're all nearly there. The days have been dragging, but I know as soon as things start to happen I'll feel as if it all snuck up on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Because my bp has been mostly ok the last few days, they've pushed my induction back til thursday to give the baby an extra few cooking days :) I'm actually happier with that myself because it gives me the time to get my head around the whole thing and also it gives me a bit more time to see will I go naturally, which I would prefer :) I have to stay in until then but the dr has given me permission to go out for a few hours every day (day release woohoo :D ) but I'm half afraid to go home in case I get the urge to start cleaning :o The only other option is a nearby shopping centre where I'm bound to over excite myself with baby shopping :pac:

So, February is finally here! How are all you other mamas doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

Thats prob a good thing mrspostman to have a few days to get your head around it and not much u can do but relax when ur being kept in... i am on my last day at work and it feels great... pity had to be such a ****ty morning, wud have loved to stay on in bed and spend the day lolling around the house! but needs must... a few days to myself now and then baby can make an appearance when ever it wants. i really hope it all happens naturally... its kinda scary in a way not knowing what to expect. all we can do is leave it in the hands of the pros and hope all goes well... :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We are painting this weekend - madness! But Id be able to relax more knowing all the odd jobs were done.

We also did a tour of the coombe on thurs. was good to see the place and have a rough idea of where youd be going and that. Apparently the lactation consultant has broken her leg so she wont be available for a number of weeks.

Sleep is not happening for me any more, can only sleep on my left side, get terrible indigestion when on my right. Then my left arm dies and my shoulder blade pinches a nerve and basically i sit up in bed half the night, the rest im on my way to the loo!

10 days to go!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Apparently the lactation consultant has broken her leg so she wont be available for a number of weeks.

Are you serious? 'The' lactation consultant...there's only one for a maternity hospital that size?? Surely that's not good enough? Your midwife will be able to help you though if you need it? Is there a public health nurse that can come to your house? That's what we have here.

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    Are you serious? 'The' lactation consultant...there's only one for a maternity hospital that size?? Surely that's not good enough? Your midwife will be able to help you though if you need it? Is there a public health nurse that can come to your house? That's what we have here.

Yes the tour guide/midwife did say all the midwives are pitching in to help mothers. I think the consultant only works 9-5 mon to fri regardless, and is just a glorified midwife (thats the stories Ive heard anyway). But I believe she also runs the breast feeding classes and they would have been good to go to in the hospital anyway. Perhaps if shes going to be out for a long time they might get a temp one but who knows! The tour guide knew when im due and didnt mention a replacement might be around.

I think if I have trouble Ill call the PHN or a real lactation consultant and pay them, I know theres a few around the area. I never made it to a breast feeding group. :(

Yes the tour guide/midwife did say all the midwives are pitching in to help mothers. I think the consultant only works 9-5 mon to fri regardless, and is just a glorified midwife (thats the stories Ive heard anyway). But I believe she also runs the breast feeding classes and they would have been good to go to in the hospital anyway. Perhaps if shes going to be out for a long time they might get a temp one but who knows! The tour guide knew when im due and didnt mention a replacement might be around.

I think if I have trouble Ill call the PHN or a real lactation consultant and pay them, I know theres a few around the area. I never made it to a breast feeding group. :(

I can't imagine getting much out of a class pre baby anyway. I went to a la leche league meeting before my first but really it's one of those things you have to do to learn. Also there's two of you in it- the baby has to learn to feed as well as absolutely everything else. Digestion is a pretty confusing experience for a newborn too it seems. I had no problems with the first two but with the third I finally realised why some women give up, especially if they don't have support. Only that I knew that I'd done it before and it would become effortless I would have considered reaching for a bottle too. IMHO the biggest thing about bfing is that you need to be fully committed to doing that and nothing else for as long as it takes. IME that means staying in bed getting brought cups of tea and sandwiches and bfing on demand for roughly the amount of time it takes to read the collected works of Marian Keyes, or the Harry Potter series...hmm might do a reread of A Song of Ice and Fire this time. The advice that I was given was 'Tummy to Mummy, Nose to Nipple, Baby to Breast (as opposed to breast to baby...to save your neck and your back in the long run).

So I injured myself on sat! Grrr! Bent over and felt an awful pain below my bump. Feels like Ive damaged a muscle or ligament. Its really painful and the muscle seizes up if im sitting/ standing/lying down for too long. Hubby thinks Im making it up! Doc said babys head is really far down and that could have contributed to it.
    Was waiting for an hour to see the doc today and my consultant wasnt even there. Midwife had everyone waiting 30 min, then 30 min more to see the doc. Really made my injury worse!

They referred me to physio dept about it and when i went there with my referral, receptionist asked when i was due - i replied next week - she actually laughed/ sneered at me and said 'good luck, heres the huge pile of people ahead of you!" So rude! I then explained what was wrong with me, and she said to wait and she'd try and get someone to see me real quick. I dont think she realised how rude she sounded until she saw me and hubbys shocked faces! After 15 min a lovely physio had a 5 min chat with me and offered me a support band. She also told me about all the postnatal classes they do. Really nice girl. All worked out in the end, but I want this baby out! :)

So I injured myself on sat! Grrr! Bent over and felt an awful pain below my bump. Feels like Ive damaged a muscle or ligament. Its really painful

Oh no! That sounds like the last thing you need! Can you see someone privately? The craneosacral osteopath has really helped me. Also I found upping the pelvic floor exercises and holding your pelvic floor muscles in while walking, bending etc helps stop those lower belly ligament pains.

I'm not completely over it yet so it'll probably be another few weeks yet. Also I'm very conscious that this is my last baby so am savouring the last few weeks of pregnancy. It helps that the temperature has dropped to the mid20's and the two bigger kids are back to school!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marysnow

Oh Dori, hope you feel better! I'd imagine most of us are now counting down the minutes!

I have gone yesterday to the breastfeeding group and found it very useful and reassuring. Since I'll be having a c section they told me what to do to promote latching (i.e. Keep the baby skin to skin for as long as you can and other things like that). They answered few questions and helped me with the choice of breast-pump. Will definitely go there once baby arrives.

and talking about baby, I am waiting on blood tests results: since the weekend I have got a severe itch and I am full of liver spots (Mrspostman how uncomfortable is it???) and I feel like scratching madly.

Did any of us had a baby yet? Already the 4th!

take care,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BeanieBuddy

Hope you feel better soon Dori! I've been assured that all the pelvic / ligament pain goes away pretty much as soon as baba is born, so I'm looking forward to that!

Marysnow - sounds like the BF group is great. I went to one last week and everyone was very friendly but there wasn't a huge amount of advice on offer. I'll have give it another go when I've an actual baby to work with!! :)

Not much happening here - I'm not due till Sat, but I'm prowling around the house as if I'm already a week overdue. I need to keep busy and distracted!

I'm attending acupuncture and the therapist had my partner come in with me for a session last week so he could show him some acupressure points to work on. We're doing that every night now, and there's definitely a reaction afterwards (like I can really feel the baby's head pressing down into my pelvis).

Have two appointments in HS today - one for a scan for the "Genesis" research project, and then the consultant visit afterwards. I get the impression that the Genesis scan will be pretty detailed, but I'm not sure what, if anything, they'll tell us...

Take care everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ftm1989

Had baby girl this morning 7days before her due date

ftm1989 wrote: »

Congratulations! First February Baby! Yay!

Congratulations! First February Baby! Yay!

Thanks hun I'm sad though they took her to nicu it's nathing bad but wnt c her til tomorrow

Eeek congratulations! Just saw your above post now. Hope everything goes ok, you'll be cuddling your lil baby in no time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

Aww congrats to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

My wife had our son Sunday evening 2nd feb. 7 days early. All well. Waters broke Sunday at 3pm. Went to hospital at 7 and baby arrived at 8 :)

awww, congratulations !!!

welcome to the first February baby 😊

Congratulations ladies (and gents!)!! So exciting that the balls finally rolling! It would be lovely to share your birth stories (as far as you feel comfortable, of course). I love birth stories, and I found it personally beneficial to tell mine.
    I've been assured that all the pelvic / ligament pain goes away pretty much as soon as baba is born, so I'm looking forward to that!

I had this really badly in my second pregnancy and was told the same, but I found it didn't fully abate until my pelvic floor/abdominal muscles had gotten somewhat back to normal, after about six weeks. It did improve a lot once the weight of the baby wasn't pressing down on it though. Mine was pretty severe and perhaps I was just unlucky but I remember feeling cheated that I was told that this and the varicose veins would just melt away after delivery only to find it was not the case. Fingers crossed you'll be luckier than I was!

My mam and dad are on their way out- can't wait to see them and to have the help. My two year old has become much more physically demanding in the last week or two- insisting on being piggy backed places he could easily walk and wanting to lie right in my lap when we're sitting on the grass, causing my leg muscles to spasm. Its like he senses my physical weakness and is trying to push the boundaries...the joys of two year olds!

Finally got the clothes and sheets washed, the essentials back from the people I'd lent it to, borrowed a back up birth pool in case one the midwives' one is in use (four home births in mid February from the same three midwife team!..a good sign I suppose), dug out manky towels and sheets for the birth, knitted one set of cotton booties and scratch mittens and started on a second. Its so much easier to achieve things when the kids are at school! Back up to 30degrees yesterday and today, I'm melting and I can't wander round in my knickers like I'd like to because the painters are still here!!

• Advertisement

I have terrible leg pain today. think i over did it with my walk yesterday - 10 min to the shops and back :rolleyes: So that adds to my moany pain list!

I love that my To-Do list is getting shorter! really satisfying! Really should have done the painting/DIY over Xmas but felt like we'd loads of time so didnt really bother. T minus 6 days now! (hopefully!)

Only big thing left to do is sew my changing bag. Ive picked the fabrics, and Ill cut them out later, but waiting on nice shiney parts to come in the post! Oh the excitement! :D

Wish we were having 30 degree weather here! Wind and rain and floods for us! I really want to go back to a land with sunshine!

Ooh I'm so mad just found out that my baby girl contract strep b bacteria.I asked the doctor to test ne for it last week but she was like your. Not at risk now my baby needs antibiotics fir a week and they doin a spinal test for infection in the brain
    :-( but she's stable and they will takebthe ventalater of her

Ooh I'm so mad just found out that my baby girl contract strep b bacteria.I asked the doctor to test ne for it last week but she was like your. Not at risk now my baby needs antibiotics fir a week and they doin a spinal test for infection in the brain
    :-( but she's stable and they will takebthe ventalater of her

Oh no thats terrible! I hope everything works out ok!

That's terrible ftm :( I was diagnosed with strep b a few months back and was told that even though the infection might clear up again, I will be given antibiotics regardless as soon as my waters break. You'd think the doctors would know better, it's as simple as sending off a sterile urine sample ffs :mad:

If it's any consolation, my nephew contracted it at birth and made a quick recovery with the antibiotics :)

You poor thing ftm. Are you getting to stay with her at least? A friend of mine had the same and her wee girl's fine and healthy now with no repercussions. Must be so stressful for you on top of the usual new mammy stuff. I hope the hospital and your family are taking good care of you. Keep up your strength!

Thanks it helps to here your stories.I get very emotional every time I go up to c her she has tubes every where atleast the infection ddidn't get to her brain so that's goodnews.they say they will keep her till next week I cnt even breastfeed her hav to express it by hand which is painful.

My wife had our son Sunday evening 2nd feb. 7 days early. All well. Waters broke Sunday at 3pm. Went to hospital at 7 and baby arrived at 8 :)

congrats!!! 😊

Hi all,
    I hope that the newborns and mums are doing great.
    And so all the other mums still waiting to welcome their little bundles of joy :)

Sonce last Friday I started having loads of liver spot, so today we had to anticipate the c section...and so I am now officially the proud mum of a gorgeous baby boy!

So glad, happy nd emotional.
    Despite not having my consultant with me as ge is at a conference, I can only praise Dr Rishi and all the staff here in Rotunda that took great care of us today.

Only negative point is that it was mental since morning as the hospital is overcrowded, to the point that some elective surgeries have been cancelled.

But all us fine and I am enjoying looking at this little man, so similar to his gorgeous daddy :)

Take care, you all

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lil2010

Congrats new mummy's really happy to hear of the births. I'm just over this now, can not sleep it's awful, I've still another few days to go. Due 12th feb - just want to be able to sleep (a bit) again. I know the hard work starts once she I'd born but a least I can sleep on my tummy again. Wishing for an early birth. Good luck everyone xxx

• Advertisement

Ah congrats marysnow that's great news ye must be delighted :D How do you find moving around etc after the section?

I was due to be induced yesterday but when the dr came around to give me the gel, he discovered I was already 2cm dilated and my membranes were bulging woohoo :D He lined me up to go to L&D to have my waters broke but unfortunately, due to the number of spontaneous labours, I'm still here on the prenatal ward waiting for a bed on the labour ward. Ah well, hopefully by the end of today we'll have our little man :)

Advertisement