Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excessive Sweating

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Has anyone taken piriton to nullify the intense irritation. I'm into my 5th day, skin is becoming dry and slightly cracked on armpit, which isn't helping but determined to get to 14 days. The stinging is a b**** but tolerable. sleep deprivation, constantly waking to an irritable scratch, is a killer. Any tips other than a night cap(s)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Has anyone tried this for excessive sweating on the forehead? http://www.boots.ie/en/Odaban-Antiperspirant-spray_1116405/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Sage tea.

Drink two cups a day or take sage in capsule form or some way. It stops you sweating.

It works.

I had an ex with a HUGE issue with this his hands would be drenched.

I think it was glandular. But if it worked for him it will work for anyone.

There are also drugs you can take ...he didn't like the side effects though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lou.m wrote: »
    Sage tea.

Drink two cups a day or take sage in capsule form or some way. It stops you sweating.

It works.

I had an ex with a HUGE issue with this his hands would be drenched.

I think it was glandular. But if it worked for him it will work for anyone.

There are also drugs you can take ...he didn't like the side effects though.

where could i get sage tea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

eh i dunno wrote: »
    where could i get sage tea?

In a health food shop.

It might take a week or two to kick in.

You can take a sage supplement which might be better. You will get that there too.

Try to get a thujone-free sage supplement i think it is better for you.

Some people LIKE sage tea and drink it as a beverage many don't like it at all.

I think supplements are more potent. You will get them in a health food shop.

Or more simply you could eat the herb. (not sure how affective that is).

See which you prefer.

He found it worked after two weeks but found if he stopped it came back.

I am not suggesting it will deffo work. But hey I like sage anyway YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

A couple of people I know have found that it's also linked to sleep (none of this is medical advice btw!)

Try to get your 8 hours of sleep and have a regular sleeping pattern.
    The other issue is that you might need to look at your diet. Caffeine, fast-burn sugars (i.e. sweets, soft drinks etc) all can contribute.

Moving to a healthier diet - lots of fruit, veg, non-high sugar items etc can help a lot by removing sugar lows and highs (also really good for avoiding developing diabetes!) It's just something we should all be doing really as a general healthier lifestyle kind of thing.

Other than that, I think some people are just sweatier than others.

Also, high levels of stress will cause you to be sweatier too. If you've sustained stress levels, figure out some way to deal with them like sports, actual relaxation exercises (get some advice on these from an expert), go for a walk, talk to your mates more, if you're really really stressed maybe be even go seek counselling.

Advertisement