Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank, money randomly missing...

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I have been with the Ulster Bank for many years now with no problems but over the past through months I have noticed that 1EUR just randomly goes missing out of my account. I contacted them about this and they told me it was a fee of paying for something in sterling, which was okay. Yesterday I checked my bank and the "balance" and "available" were the exact same, today I check and find the "balance" is 1EUR extra than the "available". So again, 1EUR has randomly disappeared without a sign of it on my statement. I know for a fact that I have not paid for anything that was in sterling, my last debit card transaction was over a week ago and that was to pay for something in Argos.

I'm just wondering if any other Ulster Bank customers have noticed this or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

it could possibly be a fraud attempt - sometimes fraudsters try to use card details with a low amount to test if the card works ...if it works they continue to purchase, if it doesn't work, they move on to the next number.

the banks know this and keep tabs on it as best they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If it's
    a fee of paying for something in sterling
    it should be listed on the statement. Insist on a definitive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭fits

I am having issues with Ulster bank also. I am receiving letters informing me that I am in arrears on a loan even though I have never missed a payment. I have been in contact with several departments and they are all telling me different things. (even giving me different amounts I am supposedly in arrears by). I hope it has been sorted now. Hard to tackle these things when living abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Unab24

Did you use paypal recently? if so they debit €1 from your account and then credit it back a few days later. They would always give a code like **2345PP as a reference.

or if not it might be fraud as previously mentioned

Advertisement