Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony G520 CRT monitor - what's it worth?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

I have a Sony G520 20" CRT which I bought for silly money when I worked in graphic design and which has been sitting here idle for a good few years.

Superb colours and none of the horrible banding in gradients that you get on most LCD panels. Naturally text is a little soft compared with LCD.

Is there still a market for them and is it worth anything at this stage?

Review

Comments

Medium or high-end CRTs still have a small cult following among enthusiasts because they outperform LCD in most areas.

The Sony FW900 is still reasonably sought after. Your G520 would be less sought after due to the aspect ratio.

Some people into retro console gaming may also be interested in it, it would be ideal for retro emulation.

Realistically it won't be worth a lot of money. But someone will be interested in it due to the quality being higher than the typical CRTs that get given away for free.

Advertisement