Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre Map Accuracy

Options
  • 17-06-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

How accurate is the eircom coverage map for defining the actual efibre rollout you are part of. I live on the very edge of Dundalk close to Blackrock but I am connected to the Dundalk main exchange. Because I'm 7km from the exchange in Dundalk I can only get 2mb adsl. 
    Dundalk is getting efibre by dec 2013 and Blackrock co. Louth in 2014.

However when I look at eircom rollout map it shows Blackrock as going well down over Dundalk as far as jjb and it even shows Dundalk institute of technology as been in the Blackrock exchange / 2014 rollout. I am definitely  on the Dundalk exchange so does it mean a cabinet will be installed in my estate as part of Dundalk rollout or will it be in 2014 as part of the Blackrock rollout even though I'm not in Blackrock clearly Dundalk IT and all the other areas shaded as Blackrock should definitely be Dundalk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mgit wrote: »
    How accurate is the eircom coverage map for defining the actual efibre rollout you are part of. I live on the very edge of Dundalk close to Blackrock but I am connected to the Dundalk main exchange. Because I'm 7km from the exchange in Dundalk I can only get 2mb adsl. 
    Dundalk is getting efibre by dec 2013 and Blackrock co. Louth in 2014.

However when I look at eircom rollout map it shows Blackrock as going well down over Dundalk as far as jjb and it even shows Dundalk institute of technology as been in the Blackrock exchange / 2014 rollout. I am definitely  on the Dundalk exchange so does it mean a cabinet will be installed in my estate as part of Dundalk rollout or will it be in 2014 as part of the Blackrock rollout even though I'm not in Blackrock clearly Dundalk IT and all the other areas shaded as Blackrock should definitely be Dundalk.
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Mgit

If you can PM me your landline number or address I'll hopefully be able to offer you a clearer indication as to when efibre might be available to you.

The efibre map gives an indication as to when efibre will be available to towns however not all areas/line in the indicated areas will be able to avail of efibe and it is still subject to availability, this is why there is an individual line checker which accompanies the efibre coverage map.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Hi Alan,

just sent you pm now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mgit wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

just sent you pm now.

Just replied there Mgit

Al

Advertisement