Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid meter removal

Options
  • 17-06-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, I just moved into a house with a prepaid meter installed and am looking about information on how to get it replaced with the usual credit meter due to the additional expense and awkwardness.
    However I can't find any information on what is involved or any costs related to this. Can you provides any details about this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Installation is free ?

http://www.prepaypower.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

timbyr wrote: »
    Hi, I just moved into a house with a prepaid meter installed and am looking about information on how to get it replaced with the usual credit meter due to the additional expense and awkwardness.
    However I can't find any information on what is involved or any costs related to this. Can you provides any details about this?

Thanks
    Hi timbyr,

We can arrange to have a keypad/token meter removed (with no charge) assuming it was originally installed by ESB Networks. We would have to do so anyway if you are registering an electricity account, as that meter would be attached to a previous occupier's account.

Can you send us a private message with the property's MPRN (meter point reference number) or the meter's serial number?

Details here on our website re moving address.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement