Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch alarm going off

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Front door is usually just a contact. If its constantly going off its probably faulty & needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Open the sensor and check to see if there is a shock sensor . 2 black wires going to a white or brown box .
    Check that the little glass reed is not smashed . Can you post a picture of the sensor open ?
    Pm sent in regards to opening the sensor without tripping the alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Our front door sensor is sporadically setting off the alarm when there's nothing obviously setting it off. when press status button it says "sensor one front door alarm"

this is the type
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=eircom+alarm&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=jyG_UfH6AvDG7Aacz4GQCw&biw=1024&bih=672&sei=kCG_UYybMsiN7AaKkIGIAw#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7CrKmhuo992j9ZUM%3A

Could also be a low battery, magnet no lined up correctly. I would check these first before replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 xrob

my front door sensor keeps going off i replaced the battery but it is still going off,
    also two window sensors i am bypassing half of the system when i set it now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You might have a couple of faulty sensors.
    How long is the system installed?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    You might have a couple of faulty sensors.
    How long is the system installed?

about six years are the expensive?

does your system consist of 3 motion detectors and 3 door window sensors ?
    Have you opened the sensor to see inside it ?
    If you set the alarm and give the sensor a bang will the alarm go off ?

Yes the sensors are expensive but you can easily source them second hand .
    If your sensor has a shock sensor inside it these are only €5 to replace .

If they are shock sensors , you would need to check the resistence across each sensor head to see if there's any faulty ones . If you find anything there you could just replace the head as Evolution1 said.
    If that shows nothing close off the sensor , and if that device still activates you may need to change the whole unit. That would be more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Battery.

robertxxx wrote: »
    Battery.

???

• Advertisement

i changed the batteries not sure what you mean kool kid where would i look for the sensors.
    and how hard or easy is it to change them?

xrob wrote: »
    i changed the batteries not sure what you mean kool kid where would i look for the sensors.
    and how hard or easy is it to change them?

Open up the sensors on the doors and windows and you'll see a box connect to the PCB via two black wires. Drop the lid on the main panel and enter your code to stop the alarm sounding

anyone know were i can buy sensors for a eircom alarm? sentrol 04 34 01 is what is on the sensor.

You would get these sensors in most of the suppliers listed in the sticky.
    You need to remove the old one from the system and enrol the new one. This is easy enough and it's done through the engineer mode from the keypad.

whats the engineer mode? i take it its a code i dont have.

I'll send you a PM re that..

whats the engineer.s mode?

Its the menu system that's used to programme up the system & set the required parameters.

Thanks Koolkid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

xrob wrote: »
    anyone know were i can buy sensors for a eircom alarm? sentrol 04 34 01 is what is on the sensor.

The sensors your looking for are Aritect 433rf sensors. UTC are the brand now.
    Very easy to add and remove sensors from the Simon system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement