Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Dublin 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

The 1st Meet and Greet i went to in 2011 was great they had everyone surround the barricade then all the wrestlers would come out and walk around for photos and autographs etc . Was great , but last year was crap . Basically all the wrestlers were just sitting on chairs and you give them something to sign and move on , no photos or not being able to have a chat etc .

So hopefully they have changed it for this year

Dont mind if there sittin around, wouldnt mind sitting on their lap to get a picture would be pretty cool experience. Or at least get a real life headlock off Triple HHH or one of the lads, would be some profiler for the facebook what

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Dont mind if there sittin around, wouldnt mind sitting on their lap to get a picture would be pretty cool experience. Or at least get a real life headlock off Triple HHH or one of the lads, would be some profiler for the facebook what

Are you ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

First match announced: James Storm vs. Magnus for the World title.

4 more matches to be announced by MCD today.

Hopefully the crowd attendance is a bit better than the show last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

and of course jeff hardy has 'retired' just before the tour to, not that it is in any way connected

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Honorary Irishman 'Cowboy' James Storm will challenge for the TNA World Heavyweight Title at the huge TNA IMPACT WRESTLING event coming to Dublin's National Stadium on Wednesday January 29.

Storm – who is part Irish on his father's side – will battle Englishman Magnus in the show's main event. Magnus recently made history by becoming the first ever British World Champion for a major American wrestling company.

Storm said: "I want as many Irish men and women as possible to come out and support me as I beat the hell out of Magnus all over Dublin. And Magnus, everyone knows Irish don't need luck so sorry about your damn luck.

"If you like watching TNA on Challenge TV then you MUST come and see us live – because there's nothing in the world like live wrestling. I promise that this will be one incredible event from start to finish, in front of some of the rowdiest fans I have ever seen.

"And after the event the party will continue. You can bet after the show I’ll be at a Dublin pub celebrating with a Guinness in my hand cheering everyone who came out to support."

Tickets for the TNA live event are priced from €34, including booking fee, and are on sale NOW from www.ticketmaster.ie and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

In another England vs. Ireland bout, TNA IMPACT WRESTLING’s Birmingham-born Chief of Staff, Rockstar Spud, has challenged RTÉ presenter Ivan Minnock to a fight.
    The pair came to blows when Rockstar Spud was interviewed on Ivan’s popular elev8 TV show and infuriated the host by declaring “there is no talent in Ireland”.
    Ivan will now team with Joseph Park and Eric Young to battle Spud and his partner Ethan Carter III at the National Stadium.
    Spud said: “As the Chief Of Staff and the only REAL tough man in all of TNA IMPACT WRESTLING, I am going to show Ivan that professional wrestling is no joke. I'm going to drag Ivan across the canvas in front of all his family, friends and countrymen and make everyone realise that there really is NO talent in Ireland!”

Ivan replied: “Everyone knows that Rockstar Spud is gonna be mashed potatoes when I'm finished with him! I can’t wait for the match.”
    TNA IMPACT WRESTLING today also announces two more huge matches for this very special live wrestling event.
    Bully Ray will battle former friend turned fierce rival Mr. Anderson in the first ever Dublin Tables Match – with both promising to get the ultimate revenge in their heated rivalry.
    The show will also see a dream X Division Championship three way title fight, pitting Chris Sabin against Austin Aries against Samoa Joe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like a decent card especially the X Division match if Joe is on good form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Joe vs. Aries vs. Sabin is a great match to get!!

The meet n greet better not be ****!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

The elev8 guy may well get booed out of the building if the crowd is in form. Lot of likeable wrestlers in that match, Spud will have to heel it up something crazy to get a reaction

• Advertisement

Everybody heading along to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Decobuzz wrote: »
    Everybody heading along to this?

Nope not this time. It was only two years ago when I flew to London to watch their product, now I won't take a 15 minute bus ride.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Nope not this time. It was only two years ago when I flew to London to watch their product, now I won't take a 15 minute bus ride.

They always put on great house shows in Ireland to be fair. Are you one of these smarky uber critical wrestling fans?

A great atmosphere in Dublin with Joe vs Aries vs Sabin on a Wednesday night. What more could you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Decobuzz wrote: »
    They always put on great house shows in Ireland to be fair. Are you one of these smarky uber critical wrestling fans?

A great atmosphere in Dublin with Joe vs Aries vs Sabin on a Wednesday night. What more could you want?

That's one match, I'll wait and see what the card is like on the day, but the TNA product has become a bit stale to me over the last several months. Nope I rarely uber criticise, actually read the Raw thread you will see I'm the only person who liked this weeks show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Charisteas wrote: »
    That's one match, I'll wait and see what the card is like on the day, but the TNA product has become a bit stale to me over the last several months. Nope I rarely uber criticise, actually read the Raw thread you will see I'm the only person who liked this weeks show.

I tend to think TNA as a product is stale too. Some great talent there and I can imagine a few good match ups taking place. Might do the same and wait to see what else they offer on the day if more matches are announced but I shall not be attending as of yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TNA has announced more matches for the upcoming Maximum Impact Tour live event in Dublin, Ireland at the National Stadium on January 29 2014.
    Mangus vs. James Storm for the TNA Title.
    Rockstar Spud and Ethan Carter III vs. Joseph Park, Eric Young, and RTE Presenter Ivan Minnock.
    Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson in a tables match.
    Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe for the X Division Title.

Boy oh boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

even though i want to win them myself i will share with you this info for yourself or friends and family,
    on facebook mainstagewrestling trainingcentre have one of those like this pic and then share it things going on where you can win tickets to this TNA show

good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Card is up there with December to Dismember.

Poor TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

I wonder if Sting is coming over considering all the tv tapings,ppv etc in the Uk?
    Anyone seen this on ticketmaster when searching for tickets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slamman

Can anyone tell me where to park near by? I parked on the street last year but you can only pay for 2 hrs parking and and my ticket was out by over an hour when we got out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

I've gone to all the TNA shows in the National Arena. The first time they came here the atmosphere was electric, there was a full house and the wrestling was great. But i found last year a lot of the wrestlers, especially Kurt Angle, were just going through the motions. Also last year they let a lot of fellas in who had a LOT of drink in them. Now i like a few drinks myself but there was a lot of kids there with one or both of there parents and i could tell they felt intimidated by these fellas. For me it took away from the event all i could do was cringe when a chant of "English W****r" started up towards Magnus. This no doubt will stop a lot of people going this year which is a shame cause they still put on a better show than WWE in my opinion.

This no doubt will stop a lot of people going this year which is a shame cause they still put on a better show than WWE in my opinion.

You do know Ivan Minnock is "wrestling" dont you? :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You do know Ivan Minnock is "wrestling" dont you? :pac:

They should book em to beat Magnus.

They should book em to beat Magnus.

Bringthethunder, Are you really Vince Russo?....... Seriously :pac:

Wrestling fans are very hard to please. There's a good atmosphere with a rowdy crowd that you wouldn't get with WWE and somebody is thinking "Will someone please think of the children"

There's a Samoa Joe vs Chris Sabin match but people wont go as they don't like the current TV product. House shows are much better than their TV.

Why not? Make him beat Magnus and then Dixie comes out and restarts the match with Magnus winning the title back. All back to normal for TV

I was just joshing, Bringthethunders comment just brought back memories of David Arquette winning the WCW title.

It could happen and being a house show why not.

Magnus hooks in the sharpshooter on Minnock, Hebner calls for the bell even though Minnock does'nt tap, he cracks up, Magnus and Hebner leg it....fellow RTE superstar Ryan Tubbridy comes down to try to calm Minnock, Minnock drops Tubs with a Minnock Bomb (Jackknife) before announcing to everyone he is off to TV3....crowd goes crazy show ends with a TV3! TV3! chant from everyone in attendance...

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I'll go if Christy Hemme is going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Poor Tubs would be broke into a million pieces if he took a powerbomb, even from an OMG TOTES RANDOM TwoTubes presenter.

Advertisement