Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Dublin 2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Whosthis wrote: »
    Sections 221 to 238 and 324 to 335 are closed.

Earlier you said there are 3000 in that building....tops!! do you still believe that? :D

Id say your sickened,were you hoping the place would be dead?

Edit......oh your a wwe fan,yup your sickened.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You cant be sure if theres 7000 there, its too hard to tell.

Wait for the official attendance before you start gloating.

Also wait to hear how many attended for free.

A lot looks taped off man

You were wrong yesterday too, beaker when the official numbers come out tomorrow,i expect a full apology. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Why would I be sickened? Those sections are all closed off, as in: nobody is sitting in them. That's more than half the capacity of a 12000 seater stadium. Why would I be hoping the place was dead, I have nothing to gain or lose by TNA's success or failure. The only thing I can't wait to see is you being proved wrong with your know it all attitude.

Aside from the sections of the arena that are closed off there is also the floor space being taken by the ring area and entrance way, further reducing the available capacity. Its very easy to show what you want to be seen when using a camera.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Why would I be sickened? Those sections are all closed off, as in: nobody is sitting in them. That's more than half the capacity of a 12000 seater stadium. Why would I be hoping the place was dead, I have nothing to gain or lose by TNA's success or failure. The only thing I can't wait to see is you being proved wrong with your know it all attitude.

Aside from the sections of the arena that are closed off there is also the floor space being taken by the ring area and entrance way, further reducing the available capacity. Its very easy to show what you want to be seen when using a camera.

Dont be silly BFG had 3000 people at it,there is at least double the BFG crowd there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Dont be silly BFG had 3000 people at it,there is at least double the BFG crowd there.

I just changed to Challenge to comment on this debate...there are a massive amount of spots in the arena blacked out. It looks like 3,000 people would be the closest number for attendance

• Advertisement

I just changed to Challenge to comment on this debate...there are a massive amount of spots in the arena blacked out. It looks like 3,000 people would be the closest number for attendance

Ah hahaha....another wwe fan...its amazing lads i dont think you understand how big that arena is.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Ah hahaha....another wwe fan...its amazing lads i dont think you understand how big that arena is.

Yes the arena is big but more than half of it is closed off. The green and brown area is closed off and from what I've seen a good bit of the yellow isn't being used.

14183s_a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I don't mean to be bad but why is there such a b!tc# fest/ slagging match going on in here?
    I just switched over for a few minutes and that arena looks blacked out in parts. I'd say there's about 3,500 at most. Has nothing to do with being a fan of WWE or not. Just saying what it looks like. We'll all se when the attendance figures are released!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Um, you're talking to someone that has been to almost every TNA Dublin show and has an unhealthy amount of indie DVDs in his apartment, In hardly just "another WWE fan."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them in there.

BfQCxjCIAAAfmdw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

In a minute you'll be saying it broke the Wrestlemania 3 attendance record of 93,173.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Mod Note - Eireannbear, just because people may not like TNA as much as you is no reason to dismiss their opinions off the bat in the disrespectful manner you have been doing.

Warnings, infractions or bans will be the next course of action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It was way more than 2,500 but not close to 10,000 either. Somewhere around 5,000 would be my guess. Far more than most of their recent shows either way.

6W3N5zJ.jpg

Also important to note that they didnt use half of the venue for the hard camera like they do in most arenas.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

The side that wasn't really on camera. It's amazing how good and big the tv cameras make it look

BfQCAXpIQAE82oM.jpg

A picture from before the show started. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Its getting quite heated in here over attendance numbers. let me try and diffuse the situation with help of Velvet.

1016545_1867216980085675_1994389220_n.jpg

Still no numbers released on attendance,i have been checking all day. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

3,500 in pre-sales plus a few pay at the door on the night according to a lad on another forum who was at the show and asked one of the arena security lads.Place was configured to hold 4,000 apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It was way more than 2,500 but not close to 10,000 either. Somewhere around 5,000 would be my guess. Far more than most of their recent shows either way.

Thats the important thing. Couldn't give a monkeys if it was 4,000 or 8,000 as long as they sold tickets. Care bout attendance figures the same way I do about net spend in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Regardless of how many were there, it looked and sounded great on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They could easily do a One Night Only Taping in Dublin next year

Regardless of how many were there, it looked and sounded great on TV.

A lot better than the last few weeks on the road & Orlando since they returned there. Just hope the in ring product can get going again for them in 2014

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They could easily do a One Night Only Taping in Dublin next year

Not how sure how easy that is. They run a smaller venue, no idea if the production equipment is freely available in this country and in terms of bringing in the production equipment from the UK I'd imagine the Irish custom office being a possible headache.

Has a WWE or anybody ever taped a show over here for a VHS/DVD special or that?
    I remember the good ol TWC used to advertise one with Punk vs Joe on it but does that count now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    I remember the good ol TWC used to advertise one with Punk vs Joe on it but does that count now

There's a fan handheld video of the Paddy's Day 1993 WCW show at The Point which featured Vader beating Sting for the WCW Title:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6dvvm_sting-vs-vader-wcw-title_sport

Obviously there's all sorts of Youtube mobile phone taken footage of recent WWE house shows.

I just have worst possible expectations in terms of taxes, charges, levies, venue broadcast charges.Essentially it is Ireland so expect red tape and over the odds fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

rovert wrote: »
    There's a fan handheld video of the Paddy's Day 1993 WCW show at The Point which featured Vader beating Sting for the WCW Title:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6dvvm_sting-vs-vader-wcw-title_sport

Obviously there's all sorts of Youtube mobile phone taken footage of recent WWE house shows.

I just have worst possible expectations in terms of taxes, charges, levies, venue broadcast charges.Essentiallyit is Ireland so expect red tape and over the odds fees.

Feckin hell theres at least 70,000 people there......

:pac:

GTR63 wrote: »

When WWA (World Wrestling AllStars) came over in 2001 they said they would be back for a PPV but the next and last time they were over it was not a PPV or even recorded. I think they did a PPV in Scotland.

When WWA (World Wrestling AllStars) came over in 2001 they said they would be back for a PPV but the next and last time they were over it was not a PPV or even recorded. I think they did a PPV in Scotland.

Remember going to TNA's first UK Tour in 2008 & every nite JB would tease a PPV in the UK. I shouldn't moan as they started doing impacts there. I do remember though a Cameraman at ringside used to record the TNA shows, they never used much footage bar in a highlight vid on Impact.

The ONO tapings would be a great way to increase ticket sales. It's a PPV, just out of order. Whatever shows they wont be using for Impact, use as ONO PPV's. Two birds with one stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

A TNA PPV in Ireland would receive just as little attention as the house shows do. It would increase the ticket sales of course but by enough to fill a venue that would look good on camera? Not even nearly. Look at the size of the National Stadium that they can't fill.

Just because it'd be on TV wouldn't attract enough people to it. They can do it in the UK because their house shows draw good numbers (for TNA) already.

WWE sell well in Ireland because of actual wrestling fans (a minor percentage of who then also will go to TNA aswell) and more importantly kids with their parents/friends - as John Cena is on TV on Saturday mornings and the kids see him and love him - not only do TNA not have a star like Cena for the kids to latch on to but their show is on at 9pm on a Wednesday night on Challenge TV. I'd highly doubt that any kids ever go near Challenge TV - especially not on a Wednesday night.

Yes, TNA once ran O2 and had a good attendance but the day before they were running radio competitions giving away 4 tickets to an enormous amount of people. I was sitting in a car with friends, we all text. We all won. 16 tickets between us.

TNA/Organisers had people in town handing out tickets that morning for free. It wasn't even remotely profitable for them - hence why they've never gone back & based on the roster and the general popularity of TNA, they would of sold more tickets in 2009 than they will now. Don't expect anything better than the National Stadium shows - I can't imagine they'll run much longer anyway.

Advertisement