Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing Ante-Post

Options
  • 17-06-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

If you back a horse on Ante-Post and the horse becomes a reserve and doesnt run, will I get my money back as horse wasnt withdrawn and didnt run so hadnt a chance to win. Any information on this would be great, Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

danwhite88 wrote: »
    If you back a horse on Ante-Post and the horse becomes a reserve and doesnt run, will I get my money back as horse wasnt withdrawn and didnt run so hadnt a chance to win. Any information on this would be great, Thanks

As long as the horse is declared to run and is then "balloted out" you will get your money back as a non runner. If it is not declared you lose your money

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Just to bring this back up again, the horse I backed was put in reserve and today the horse is gone from betting so this is withdrawn, will I now get my money back from this bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Just to bring this back up again, the horse I backed was put in reserve and today the horse is gone from betting so this is withdrawn, will I now get my money back from this bet?

Only if it does not get in to run as a reserve. Not sure what would happen if it could run and then connections chose not too

Advertisement