Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved back to midlands with young family

• 17-06-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Just moved back to Offaly after 20 years and finding it hard to settle.
    I find all my childhood friends are no longer around and also my husband is american so he also needs to find a social life. Coutry living seems to be quite clicky ?
    Any suggestions the best way of meeting people in Offaly ?
    Photography clubs, sports for Adults ? My husband plays music also and would love to meet like minded individuals
    Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks a million. Hope we didn't make the wrong decision ! Maybe i had rose tinted glasses about moving back here to raise my family

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,011 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

flowerpot wrote: »
    Just moved back to Offaly after 20 years and finding it hard to settle.
    I find all my childhood friends are no longer around and also my husband is american so he also needs to find a social life. Coutry living seems to be quite clicky ?
    Any suggestions the best way of meeting people in Offaly ?
    Photography clubs, sports for Adults ? My husband plays music also and would love to meet like minded individuals
    Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks a million. Hope we didn't make the wrong decision ! Maybe i had rose tinted glasses about moving back here to raise my family
    Where abouts in Offaly. I'm not asking for an address but just asking for a general area. It might help others help you better if they knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Yep roughly what part of the county are you in? And what hobbies do you have as there is plenty to do really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flowerpot

ferbane/cloghan area..not really too far from athlone or ferbane ..

husband is looking to get back into athletics and likes playing music

we have young children so maybe mother and baby clubs ,also looking to get into photography .would love to join a photography club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

flowerpot wrote: »
    ferbane/cloghan area..not really too far from athlone or ferbane ..

husband is looking to get back into athletics and likes playing music

we have young children so maybe mother and baby clubs ,also looking to get into photography .would love to join a photography club
    There are running clubs in athlone and also triathlon club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

There's a mother and toddler club here in Banagher but I'm sure there is one close to you. We moved here about 4 years ago from another town in the midlands and I have to agree with you about the click. Its been hard trying to make friends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement