Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick fish recipe!

Options
  • 17-06-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Work is over in an hour and have a craving for fish today! Anyone have a good recipe for anything fish related? I wouldnt even know what fish are in season in Summer. Preferably not whiting/plaice, awfully bland stuff :P

I will probably be cooking it either in the oven or microwave steaming bags. Frying fish is impossible without a good pan :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bit late for you but I like Fish tortillas.
    Fry goujons of Haddock or Hake in either batter or flour/egg/breadcrumb.
    Make a salsa with tomato,coriander,red onion vinegar and a pinch of sugar.
    Some fresh leaves and a little sour cream and roll em up in a wrap.
    They are a big hit in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lj92

i just made a lovely Salmon and veg dinner, im trying to avoid carbs so im filling up on veg! i made it in tinfoil in the oven at 180c for about 20 mins

serves 2

2 fillets of salmon
    2 spring onions chopped
    chilli flakes or fresh chilli a good pinch
    1 clove of crushed garlic
    1/2 lemon
    1/2 carrot cut ino chunks
    a few florets of brocolli
    sweetcorn a good handful
    handful of cashew nuts
    3 tbsp of natural yogurt/ cream/ creme fraiche
    1 tbsp of honey
    and i added prawns too !!

just quickly fry your veg to just soften them, add the garlic once they are nearly cooked just dont let it burn!
    lay out a big sheet of tin foil on a baking tray, place the salmon skin side down on the foil.
    add the cooked veg on top, drizzle the honey, sprinkle with chilli flakes on top and half your lemon and put the wedges in! season and into the oven for 10 mins
    lower the oven to 170c, add the prawns if you are using them, add the cashews and the yogurt! bake for another 10mins

its delicious!!!

you could have it with potatoes or rice but i had it on its own but and it was really filling!

hope you enjoy!

Advertisement