Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 17/06/13 *Spoilers* (Payback Results)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Is Steph meant to be a face?:confused:

God knows.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Steph sort of took the momentum off of kaitlyn there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

stephanie mcmahon is now the most interesting thing about the diva's division. Stephanie AJ at summerslam?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"Ruthless aggression". O__o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Colter and Ceasoro!

Rgal vs Cesaro? Is this like creative deciding it's time to give smarks their wet dream in a Raw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hahaha brilliant

That was amazing.

Saw that coming an absolute mile away once he came out to "retire" with Cena in the in ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Had me going there for a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It fooled me anyway. Mark is a badass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't watched raw since the one after wrestlemania but tonight has been pretty good

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That was awesome. He had me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Not sure if it's Sin Cara's or Axel's mood-lighting.......

Ooooooooooh shít.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Sup Brock..

Well, this is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Im seriously liking the look of this.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

That was a very good Raw.

WWE has gotten so good lately!

• Advertisement

Punk's expression as Lesnar's theme hit was worth a million. Hell of a RAW, absolutely smashers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Best episode of raw in possibly years. Had me interested right from the start and kept my interest. Even the divas stuff. I'm surprised and delighted. Good job wwe!

A truly great episode of Raw. However, there is something that really annoys me about it too. We are coming into to one of the PPV's where between 40-60 minutes of it are going to be taken up by the two MITB matches. Why not have all of these great feuds for Payback or Summerslam rather than for an already time-restricted PPV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    A truly great episode of Raw. However, there is something that really annoys me about it too. We are coming into to one of the PPV's where between 40-60 minutes of it are going to be taken up by the two MITB matches. Why not have all of these great feuds for Payback or Summerslam rather than for an already time-restricted PPV?
    Summer time is when WWE like to play around with things. Once they have to start building to Royal Rumble/WrestleMania again you'll be back to a smaller number of feuds being built.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Summer time is when WWE like to play around with things. Once they have to start building to Royal Rumble/WrestleMania again you'll be back to a smaller number of feuds being built.
    Again, don't get me wrong, I know how WWE like to do things. But over the last few years it's kinda been after MITB they have started tinkering with stuff. I just feel that some of these feuds that were really well worked at Payback and tonight may have to go on the back boiler due to time constraints at MITB or else, even worse, not get the time they deserve at the event.

Also, Henry vs Cena for the WWE Championship is confirmed for MITB

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Again, don't get me wrong, I know how WWE like to do things. But over the last few years it's kinda been after MITB they have started tinkering with stuff. I just feel that some of these feuds that were really well worked at Payback and tonight may have to go on the back boiler due to time constraints at MITB or else, even worse, not get the time they deserve at the event.

Also, Henry vs Cena for the WWE Championship is confirmed for MITB

Easy solution there is to ditch the likes of Kofi and combine a few feuds into the MITB match(es?).

Cena vs Henry
    Del Rio vs Punk? (havent watched the show but thats what it sounds like from this thread)
    Shield vs some combination of Orton/Bryan/Kane
    AJ vs Kaitlyn.... probably

Everything else could probably be done in the two MITB matches.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Easy solution there is to ditch the likes of Kofi and combine a few feuds into the MITB match(es?).

Cena vs Henry
    Del Rio vs Punk? (havent watched the show but thats what it sounds like from this thread)
    Shield vs some combination of Orton/Bryan/Kane
    AJ vs Kaitlyn.... probably

Everything else could probably be done in the two MITB matches.

Lesnar vs Punk *

Adiboo wrote: »
    Lesnar vs Punk *
    Cant see them blowing that at MITB.

Del Rio vs Punk tonight was just a way to set up Ziggs attacking Del Rio and Punk/Lesnar. I'll be very surprised if Del Rio/Punk continues after tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wow, lots of things set up there.

Brock and Punk could well get pushed out till Summerslam. If they have a match at MITB it could also see a rematch if they fight at MITB. I doubt they will only have one match in the feud.

I was waiting and waiting for Henry to take on Cena so looking forward to this one.

I hope they only have one MITB match. Two is overkill and one guy with the briefcase is enough.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I hope they only have one MITB match. Two is overkill and one guy with the briefcase is enough.

Yeah, I hope so too. Then they can make a whole story out of "who will he challenge for the belt".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Wow.

WWE are f*cking nailing it these days. Best three hour RAW they've done so far. D Bryan was way down the list of good things about it which tells its own story!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine Punk vs Lesnar will be booked for Mitb, but that they'll spend the weeks leading up to it teasing which side Heyman is on, then have him get involved in the finish quickly at the show, leading to a stip rematch at Summerslam. Imagine a guest ref match somewhere along the lines.

Enjoyed the show overall, but rushing out the door so can't say much more.ndid a lot right though. Enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Damn I missed slamiversary payback and this raw, arguable the best streak in wrestling so far this year cause my stupid laptop is broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

brilliant RAW.

are WWE properly getting their act together? the build for a fair few of their feuds at the moment is golden. they also have Bryan on the verge of a huge smash through the glass ceiling.

good work.

the only thing wrong with the show is the staleness of Cena. that's it.

speaking of Cena, Henry's swerve was truly epic. expertly done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also, there was a line Cena said I found interesting. He made a big deal of how whoever beats him will have earned the title and the win.

Hmm...is there anyone on the roster desperately trying to "earn" something? Trying to prove himself?

If they go with Cena vs Bryan, then there's the second subtle part of the story (the first being Cena rescuing Bryan two weeks ago...)

Also, there was a line Cena said I found interesting. He made a big deal of how whoever beats him will have earned the title and the win.

Hmm...is there anyone on the roster desperately trying to "earn" something? Trying to prove himself?

If they go with Cena vs Bryan, then there's the second subtle part of the story (the first being Cena rescuing Bryan two weeks ago...)

Its like WWE signed the now unemployed Chikara writers if they're using that much forward planning and subtlety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Kaitlyn had a nipple slip last nite and nobody has even mentioned this for shame!

Great things from last night

When Brock came out
    Henry being a big beautiful bastard and pulling off THE swerve
    The beginning of Heyman/Punks fragmentation
    Hopefully the beginning of a push for Cesaro under his new manager
    The AJ segment making us all scratch our heads
    The continued slow burning push for D Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I watched Payback last night and Raw this morning and honestly both were fantastic. So many good things to come from both that set WWE up for a strong Summer. I particularly loved the Ziggler vs Del Rio match, it was a credit to everybody involved, creative, the agents for the match, the commentary for slowly telling the story of what is going on and hammering home the turns but in a subtle way and of course both wrestlers who did a terrific job of telling what is quite a difficult story to tell in the ring.

I also really enjoyed Henry's attack on Cena and Lesnar's return and awesome F5. I actually also thought Curtis Axel did a good job at the ppv, I haven't been entirely sold on him but I actually quite like some of his spots and my opinion on him has softened.

As a WWE fan you watch every week and you do have to endure some pretty dismal stuff at times but you watch it every week and you do it for shows like Payback and Raw and you remember why you've been a fan of the product for so long. Great stuff and when WWE do get it right, as they have done in the last week, it's top notch television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

GTR63 wrote: »
    Kaitlyn had a nipple slip last nite and nobody has even mentioned this for shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I dunno when I last watched a Raw where pretty much all I skipped were the recaps. Brilliant stuff. Mark f*cking Henry... You bastard. Totally got me. I thought the tweets earlier in the day might have been a work but I was seriously believing it when he was giving his speech. Dat slam. I nearly leapt off my seat when he hit Cena. Just brilliant.

The Lesnar returning was on a par with Henry's moment I'd say, also amazing. I was actually just thinking before the match with Del Rio that the next couple of weeks would be ideal to set up a Punk/Lesnar feud but I didn't think they'd go with it this soon so it still caught me off guard. Great F5 too, looked rough.

Everything else was pretty damn solid too. Christian returns, Shield ticking along, Ziggler got a good reaction, the McMahon power struggle thing is interesting. Not really sure what the whole Bryan thing was about though, seemed weird. Same with Stephanie and AJ.

How good was Henry? The tears and everything, totally fooled the crowd, and myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I love how Punk actually struggled when on Brock's shoulders, as opposed to Cena who just lay there like a dead fish when Brock first returned.

A small thing, but very noticeable to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Cracking Raw,some great feuds set in motion!

Good to see Christian finally return,shame no build up though.

Bryan/Orton was great,their feud is simmering away nicely.

Be really interesting to see how Ziggler gets on as face,Del Rio's heel promo was very good.

Not mad about Punk as a face again,but should be okay due to Lesnar being a beast.

Shield are kinda at a loose end now,their schtick is getting very repetitive too.Ditto for Sheamus.

Henry completely stole the show though,had the crowd in the palm of his hand.If they make an action figure of him in his pink suit I would definitely buy it!Him vs Cena should be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Excellent Raw, solid all around. Hopefully they keep at least this calibre of a show. Was certain they were gonna have Bray Wyatt debut. Ah sure, it'll be soon enough

I love how Punk actually struggled when on Brock's shoulders, as opposed to Cena who just lay there like a dead fish when Brock first returned.

A small thing, but very noticeable to me.

I know! I sat there for a nanosecond thinking 'Punk's gonna show him what's what'. I mentioned it already, but Punk's expression to Lesnar's opening twang looked like the perfect dripping mixture of dread and guts.

The Henry stuff was perfectly played, with Cena on the apron so you weren't constantly going 'ah, he's gonna crack him any second'. I don't think it's hyperbolic to suggest that Henry's got something of an acting gig ahead of him once the boots get hung; the guy's got good range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

best raw in a long time, would love to see steph get back in the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Mark Henry deal was one of the best things they've done in a long time. Had me fooled.

Brock/Punk is another very interesting one. Seems like WWE is on an upward curve at the moment. Hope it lasts. MITB is usually a good PPV anyway.

MITB = The new Backlash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement