Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer tips (House asking price)

Options
  • 17-06-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

The asking price of a house.
    Do they usually sell for the asking price or even more?

We have a mortgaged approved for 120k so would I be wasting my time enquiring about houses priced 125-155k??

Another house we are looking at for 125k what kinda bid would you go in with and what kinda money do you think the house will sell for?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Villa05

Have a look at the property price database - check the most recent sales in the area - then see if the listing is still on daft. If you are lucky you will see the difference between the asking and the selling price

http://propertypriceregister.ie/

Need more info to help you, such as area, condition, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I would start at 20k below asking price and work your way up. Most people go up by 5k each bid however I think 2k above highest bidder can be enough to secure the deal.

Advertisement