Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DICTATION (Music)

Options
  • 17-06-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Can someone please help me with the Ductation question? I'm learning the rest but Q4 is the bane of my existence at the moment! The CD in the front of my exam papers broke :( can you get past Dictations on examinations.ie and do ye have any tips? Someone mentioned sonething about having 'words' to suggest certain rhythm patterns eg 'I want' for dotted crotchet quaver but we weren't taught that way so an explanation or other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

There's nothing more that you can do than practice and get used to hearing the dotted crotchet it's the only way!! The sound files are available on examinations.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

There's nothing more that you can do than practice and get used to hearing the dotted crotchet it's the only way!! The sound files are available on examinations.ie

Thanks you! Ugh I hate them so much, sometimes I get near full marks and others I don't even get half! I'll do the practice then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

The first and second time you hear the tape, right down the general 'jist' of it. Then when you hear it the third and fourth time you can count the beats with the notes you've written and check if they fit.. (Hard to explain).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

OisinLAD wrote: »
    The first and second time you hear the tape, right down the general 'jist' of it. Then when you hear it the third and fourth time you can count the beats with the notes you've written and check if they fit.. (Hard to explain).

Yeah I know what you mean. There are meant to be 10, aren't there? I usually start by getting the rhythm and the general shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Yeah I know what you mean. There are meant to be 10, aren't there? I usually start by getting the rhythm and the general shape.

you hear it 5 times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement