Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst player!

• 17-06-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Going along the same lines as the favourite player, who is the worst player you have ever used in Madden.
    Either this year's or previous versions.

This year its gotta be either Kenny Britt or Darren McFadden.

Britt, i traded for in the Boards league thinking pairing him with AJ Green would be a dream come true. However his inability to catch anything thrown to him, coupled with his lack of strength at the line of scrimmage meant he was a complete bust!!

McFadden has all the talent in the world and is a beast in the game, but coughs up the ball at vital moments killing any momentum you had. And let me tell ya you need all the momentum you can get when you're playing as the Raiders!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Brandon Weeden :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Worst from a rating standpoint and just not being able to do anything with would probably be Gabbert.

Most disappointing would have to be Rivers or Weddle though. I'm not that good at throwing the ball anyway but Rivers was just so inconsistent it was unbelievable (realistic, I suppose). Weddle did nothing for me in the secondary despite being one of the highest rated in the game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sympathise with the Weeden and Gabbert shouts above. This guy gave a first round pick away for Tebow to not have to use Blaine, and I still had to wait 2 years to cut him due to his poxy bonus.

But the worst player I have used in Madden 13 has been by some distance is TE Martellus Bennett. In the PFL Xpress I had the Browns, and I benched Weeden after I picked up Peyton Manning in FA, rating wise, Bennett was exactly what I wanted in a backup TE, he had mobility to get open and decent catching ratings... But apparently he did not own a pair of hands. This lump of ****e dropped so many passes it was tough to believe. At the mid way stage of the season, 3 games in a row he dropped WIDE OPEN passes in the end-zone in the last 3 mins of one score games. He was released by me with 4 catches for the season, and at least 10 drops. I traded for Joel Dreesen and picked up Bo Scaife, and I finished the season 12-4 with 2 dependable catchers at TE making a big difference.

He's so bad in Madden that I don't like him as a real player and don't like seeing him do well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

As this is really my 1st year really playing Madden i have to go with this years game, Braylon Edwards was terrible for me and a special mention goes to Cecil Shorts who seemed to have no hands when i had him, forever dropped passes when he was wide open, in madden 25 i know this will not be a problem for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Greg Little

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Brandon Weeden :mad:

Disagree with this, I've Clevenland in the Pro franchise and Weeden has been class apart from season 1 when he fumbled when hit.

Edit: +1 on Little and all the browns receivers.

Really hate the Lions secondary, Spievy, Lacey, Bentley. Also all the Lions WR's not named Megatron. Young is especially ****.

On the 49ers really disappointed in Kaepernick, inaccurate as **** and as fast as he should be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

+1 on Little too.
    Mikey warned me about him in another franchise...pity the warning came after I signed him.Dropped him after 4 games

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Britt... Is awful! Babineaux the titans but in general the titans Secondary ( imports excluded) can be awesome or awful but never consistent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I would agree with Greg little, I had him in Madden 12, another player from Madden 12 is Rashard Mendenhall, he has all the stats that make him look awesome but he is pants. He is fairly pants in this years game too.

Played with Gabbert in the PFL, he is brutal, any pass over 4 yards is a lottery.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Disagree with this, I've Clevenland in the Pro franchise and Weeden has been class apart from season 1 when he fumbled when hit.

Really hate the Lions secondary, Spievy, Lacey, Bentley. Also all the Lions WR's not named Megatron. Young is especially ****.

On the 49ers really disappointed in Kaepernick, inaccurate as **** and as fast as he should be.

Amari Spievey is a hidden gem. His run support is brilliant, like top class good, and he gets the odd pick for me. Don't ever play him man to man though. Ultra over on PFL has Spievey at 99 OVR or something ridiculous. I was delighted when you released him at the end of the 1st season :pac: He's been class for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »

Lions secondary :mad: So bad!!!!

Colt McCoy, don't know about this Madden but the last one he was truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Jacoby ford is the bane of my life, man can run straight, full stop

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I love Ford, him and dhb get epic yards for me on the PFL, if I could throw it a but harder they'd be even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Agree with Mendenhall from Madden 12, will never forgive him for two carries two fumbles in his last game for me.
    This years game its hard to pick a worst player from the 49ers...me maybe:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any full back. They just can't pick up a block. At all! Or else its just Lorig. Constantly turning around and trying to block someone 5 yards behind him who I've already beaten. I think that's more to do wit the ai rather than player himself though.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Any full back. They just can't pick up a block. At all! Or else its just Lorig. Constantly turning around and trying to block someone 5 yards behind him who I've already beaten. I think that's more to do wit the ai rather than player himself though.

Greg Jones and Vonte Leach are absolute beasts. Owen Marecic is a good blocker too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

gufc21 wrote: »

Marcel Reese at fullback in Madden 13 has better hands and is faster then a lot of running backs

I have Reece in the PFL, he has a great set of hands, gets the odd fumble though

Advertisement