Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incompatible handset : Three sim card in Docomo

Options
  • 17-06-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought NTT docomo P-05D DisneyMobile which is pretty much Panasonic Eluga but I have a problem. Apparently it's supposed to be fully unlocked and all that yet my sim card doesn't work, I got micro-sim card from three and it is 3G network so it should work. I used some polish sim cards and they worked as well as other card from o2 that is really old it's the 1st sim card ever (I cut it to fit) I have signal and everything but when I try to put any card from the network I use it says "incompatible handset" what can possibly be wrong? Might it be that there is something with the system or that it's not fully unlocked after all? I can't even set APN when I put in the three card -___-; this is annoying cus I really love the phone but I hate that I can't use my card for w.e reason D:<

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

jaechii wrote: »
    I bought NTT docomo P-05D DisneyMobile which is pretty much Panasonic Eluga but I have a problem. Apparently it's supposed to be fully unlocked and all that yet my sim card doesn't work, I got micro-sim card from three and it is 3G network so it should work. I used some polish sim cards and they worked as well as other card from o2 that is really old it's the 1st sim card ever (I cut it to fit) I have signal and everything but when I try to put any card from the network I use it says "incompatible handset" what can possibly be wrong? Might it be that there is something with the system or that it's not fully unlocked after all? I can't even set APN when I put in the three card -___-; this is annoying cus I really love the phone but I hate that I can't use my card for w.e reason D:<

Could it be that the phone is not 3G enabled ? In order to use a Three sim has to be a 3G one, with meteor n O2 they use gsm/edge too so I hope it might have clarified things

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jaechii

I doubt that, I just upgraded my android from 2.3.5 to 4.0.4 and now the phone displays my network but the problem now is that I still have no signal and see only this "3 emergency calls only"

Yes seriously it might not be a phone compatible with The 3G network, the Android aspect has zero to do with it my nexus 7 has jellybeanit connects via wifi and it has no GSM network whatsoever, you stuck an old O2 ,Sim and a polish sim, they worked because they can work on a GSM network

2013-05-08_162806.jpg
    here are some info about the phone and I can see that it supports both 3G and GSM so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work, could it be that the phone isn't fully unlocked by any chance ??

Here are some network specifications I found in different sources

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100

Band: 3G / GSM , Wifi Enabled
    - 2G Network : GSM GPRS EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
    - 3G Network : WCDMA HSDPA 800, 850, 1700, 2100 MHz

Also I just checked mobile network settings and noticed that in "network mode" I have this: "preferred network mode: 3G/GSM (Auto)

It should really work I'm at a loss as to why it's not working, pretty stumped

• Advertisement

That's why I'm getting so frustrated, the only thing I can think of is that it's not fully unlocked or something so I will go to my network store tomorrow and if it doesn't work then go to one of them people who unlock, root and do all that

Advertisement