Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeper Teams In Madden 25

• 17-06-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Of course the elite teams will be miles ahead, but I think this will be the first Madden in quite a while (certainly since I started playing) where there's not too much difference between the middle of the road teams and those that will be ranked at the bottom.

The very weak teams have, by and large, improved a great deal through free agency on the draft which should close the gap. Then you have teams like the Chiefs and Eagles who had awful record last year but have changed coaches and will be hoping to see the effects.

For example, Bucs will have a very good pass defense after being one of, if not the worst last season. Browns have added plenty of players who can get to the QB and who should have an impact. Rams have finally given Bradford some protection and some canny weapons. Cardinals have paired Fitzgerald with a competent QB, and the Raiders.....well, I don't want to go too far :pac: Teams like the Chiefs and Eagles should see progress also, as mentioned above.

It should make for some decent sleeper teams for those selecting near the bottom of the draft, and perhaps some people picking near the top of the draft will have some tough choices to make.

Anyone in particular that who you think will make a good sleeper team?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I like the look of the Dolphins as a no doubt improved Ryan Tannehill now has Mike Wallace to throw to. The Broncos and The Seahawks will now be top 5 teams, Russell Wilson will be class.

As for the Jags, they will be a fun team to do a career with. Initially the team looks poor, but they will have **** tonnes of cap space and some very talented rookies like Joeckel, Cyprien, Denard Robinson and Ace Saunders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I like the look of the Colts, they've got a nice little offence going with Wayne, Heyward-Bay and TY Hilton out wide, and Bradshaw at RB gives them a good option there along with Ballard, get Fleener going at TE and they'll give alot of teams some problem.

In defence, Toler at CB is a solid signing along with Landry and the middle of it looks good to.

as much as i said i didnt like them in Madden 13, (more my fault then theres, looking at it now) i look forward to them in the new game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think Tampa, Indy and Kansas city will all be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah the Colts will be much improved, especially as Luck's rating will skyrocket.

Top 5 will probably be Patriots, Packers, Broncos, 49ers and Ravens in whatever order. Seahawks and Falcons just outside them, with the Texans rounding up the top 8.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans, lads spot an AfC south trend here!

Excellent guard
    Top rated rookie guard
    2 very good centres
    Physical RB and speed back
    Solid Wr corps with Hunter
    Big mean D line
    Better safeties

Can't argue with those changes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Top 5 will probably be Patriots, Packers, Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks. Cant see the Ravens being anything more than mid table due to the players they have lost. Steelers/Falcons/Texans/Dolphins will be next in line I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

madalig12 wrote: »
    Top 5 will probably be Patriots, Packers, Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks. Cant see the Ravens being anything more than mid table due to the players they have lost. Steelers/Falcons/Texans/Dolphins will be next in line I think.

I know they lost some players but they did just win the superbowl so usually they are the best team in the next year as all the player's stats will get a bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Raoul wrote: »
    I know they lost some players but they did just win the superbowl so usually they are the best team in the next year as all the player's stats will get a bump.

Yeah i guess but id struggle to pick them if i had a top ten pick next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Titans, lads spot an AfC south trend here!

Excellent guard
    Top rated rookie guard
    2 very good centres
    Physical RB and speed back
    Solid Wr corps with Hunter
    Big mean D line
    Better safeties

Can't argue with those changes!

Solid WR ?? If anything Heli there gonna be weaker , Your o-line will be much better safeties I suppose . Lost Cook at TE , so I wouldn't call them a sleeper but I'm not wearing the blue tinted glasses ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Boldin, Kruger, Leach, Lewis,Reed, Ellerbe,Pollard,Williams.

That's a lot of turnover on one team, they've brought in some good players but I wouldn't rate them top 5 for next years Madden.

• Advertisement

By the looks of madden 25 it's gona be all about the run so i have to say the vikes ap will be unstoppable add to that 3 first rounders xavier and floyd in particular should be huge in season 2-3 and they could be attractive

Chiefs,jags and eagles should be pretty attractive as well can't wait to see what the eagles o will b like in game (prob just the pats playbook)

Dolphins should be good they have added speed on both sides of the ball and maddens always all about speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

This year I won't be making last years mistakes and picking a top 5 team. Last year I picked the giants. Took me 2 seasons to mould the team into what it is now.

This year I'm going to pick the team that suits my style of play. I've 5 rookies on my offence and their style suits me better then the 5 originals

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Solid WR ?? If anything Heli there gonna be weaker , Your o-line will be much better safeties I suppose . Lost Cook at TE , so I wouldn't call them a sleeper but I'm not wearing the blue tinted glasses ;)

Britt, wright, Washington and hunter. I think that's pretty good Cook is a loss but I'm hoping we can compensate.

All we need is Leach and we'd be a contender!!

So much depends on our first few games tbh

Britt, wright, Washington and hunter. I think that's pretty good Cook is a loss but I'm hoping we can compensate.

All we need is Leach and we'd be a contender!!

So much depends on our first few games tbh

Britt was not good this year so his rating will more than likely take a hit. Washington will what be the same.. Who knows how they rate hunter , he was a 2nd round pick so at best your looking at Michael Floyd level from this years game ( He was drafted in the first round last year)

Ye you'll have a great run game and if you get leach thats just win win. But Think the Rams minus Amendola as your passing attack..

Speaking of WR'S I wonder if they'll drop santonio holmes is rating , he is a phenomenal receiver in this game. His catch in traffic/sideline and deep threat is kinda crazy and not justified .

The Jet's will be weak but the cap will be great after one year. No tight end Keller gone to Dolphins, very concerned about that. Defense has no pass rush... Coples will be designated as a olb so we'll see what his stats are like.

This year the Safeties were excellent. Landry is a beast but he's gone and it took a year of protecting him but now Smith is an excellent safety..

If you want a rebuild project look no further than the Jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

.....and don't forget Geno !

Jesus, Dave, that sig has to go! :pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jesus, Dave, that sig has to go! :pac:

He's still on my team !!! Until that's over he's a Jet in my eyes !

Also forgot about Geno. Considering the Hype around him I reckon that he'll be average starter with the ability to improve massively. With a rebuild team its important to have a QB in place. Wonder how much mobility they'll give him.

Also forgot about Geno. Considering the Hype around him I reckon that he'll be average starter with the ability to improve massively. With a rebuild team its important to have a QB in place. Wonder how much mobility they'll give him.

You'll probably have passing stats in the 70's odd but he will likely have great mobility. A bit like Terrelle Pryor now, very usable and once you get the XP on his passing stats he will be a beast.

Advertisement