Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding ring still won't fit ~ any ideas?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I gave birth by csection almost 6 weeks ago. Towards the end of my pregnancy, week 37-40 - I had swollen ankles and hands, water retention my gp said. My feet went back to normal straight away and so did my hands but my rings won't fit properly. They will go over my knuckle but not any further. Does anyone have any ideas or experience of this? What can I do to make my fingers thinner? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Make sure you're drinking lots of water to help you.

Are you still swollen anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

I have no other swelling ~ I am drinking loads of water as I am BF and get thirsty when feeding. Thanks for replying OP :D

Hmmmm... I had carpel tunnel syndrome and my fingers stayed swollen for a while - did you have that?

No I don't think so, they GP said it was water retention but I'm going to look into that ~ what did you have to do to cure it? It is the bottom of my fingers that are "fat" if that makes sense! Thanks OP

Physio and time in afraid!

To be honest I went through phases of losing large amounts of fluid at a time - sometimes I would wake up drenched in sweat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It took almost 3 months for me to get my rings back on

Thanks for the advice ladies ~ guess I just need to be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Last time around I couldn't put my rings back on for 3 months. My daughter is 7 weeks and I could squeeze the rungs back on but they'd be very uncomfortable. I'm still carrying an extra 5 lbs so that probably doesn't help.

However it seems it's normal for me not to be able to wear them for 2-3 months after the birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Don't really wear rings but it took about 9 months for my watch to fit my wrist properly again. It was a mixture of baby weight & fluid retention.
    Now I have the opposite problem where the watch almost comes over my hand! It just takes time to get back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I was the same as you op on my last. I steeped my hands and feet each day in Epsom salts I found it great.I was back to wearing my rings after 8 weeks.
    Im not sure if you can use it though when breast feeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Took my sister in law around 3months to be able to wear her rings again. I think she was told it could take till she had her first period for her to loose all the fluid..but im not sure.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had to take my rings off at 6 months and it was ages before I could get them back on again. One thing I found good was eating celery, it's a natural diuretic so it'll help you get rid of the extra fluid. I was like a balloon by the time I gave birth and it took about 3 weeks for my legs and feet to go back down but hands took much longer. I also had carpal tunnel which didn't help.

Advertisement