Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airfryer Recipes

Options
  • 17-06-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

So I bought one of these lads on sale, after hearing glowing reports (and reading a few on here). Really like it so far but just wondering what else have people cooked in air-fryer. So far I've done...................

Chips
    Sausages
    Chicken Wings (really good)
    Home fries things (chopped up baby spuds with some spices)

All have been lovely, but any other tips would be welcome

Anyone try roast veg or chicken thighs (bit afraid the might not cook through)??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

bump...just got one of these as well and looking forward to trying to replicate deep fried buffalo wings in it...any tips folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I cook the wings on a low heat, about 160c for about ten minutes then I take them out. Put the fryer on max heat and put the wings back in and cook until nice and crispy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i have the tefal actifry and i've done roast veg (carrots, parsnips, sweet potato etc.) and they came out fine, although the sweet potato seems to get soft before it gets crispy, so you have to time it just right to get the best of both.

tried a bunch and the best spuds i've found to make chips with are the Lidl Oakland ones, they come out really nice, barely a hair short of chipper chips, very happy with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dee 11

bought the Philips air fryer at the weekend. Chips lovely and did roasted peppers. Didn't realise that the baking tray wasn't included it says you can use any oven dish instead. Have a small one which will fit rather than buying from Philips .
    Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I think the 225 has a top grill and the 220 doesn't, is that right? I got the 220, will have a look later.

Going to dry some wings on them soon, hopefully get them nice and crispy like deep-fried. It better work, it's why I wanted the airfryer in the first place.

Chips last night were alright, probably needed better potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Bugger, I was supposed to start a thread like this a while back. :o

Anyway, aside from the above, one of the nicest things I do is potato skins. Usually when you get them in the likes of TGI Fridays, they are deep fried, but done in the airfryer, they are lovely.

Here's how I make them (from memory)-

Ingredients:
    Four large potatoes, washed and scrubbed clean, skins on
    Scallions
    4 rashers
    Grated cheddar cheese
    Sour cream to dip

Method:
    Heat the airfryer to 180 and cook the rashers (hint: always cook them whole, if you cook them chopped up, they shrivel). Once cooked, chop them up and leave to cool. I usually dispose of the rind, orally.

Cut the potatoes lengthways. Using a teaspoon, scoop out some of the raw potato to make a hollow. Nuke them in the microwave for at least 5 minutes to soften them (I've tried leaving them in the airfryer for 10-15 minutes, but they burn, while still being hard. This seems to be the only way to do them and ensure they are cooked through). Put them in the airfryer for around 5-7 minutes or until they start to colour.

Take the potatoes out, drop some cooked rashers into the hollow, cover with grated cheese and put them back into the airfryer. Keep a close eye on them so the cheese does not burn. Also make sure no cheese drops down to the "floor" of the airfryer as it is a bugger to get off.

Leave the potato/rasher/cheese combination in for max 1-2 minutes.

Remove from airfryer and sprinkle with scallions and server with sour cream dip.

Best enjoyed with a beer. Or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you could cook the spuds whole in the microwave and then cut them in half and scoop them out to make the hollow?

that way you can mix the scooped out bit with your other fillings so you're not wasting it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

if any of you are on facebook, have a look at this; "I love Philips Airfryer" page - I get some good ideas to try on it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Love-Philips-Airfryer/163566940375180?fref=ts

I really like my airfryer but am always looking for something new to try in it.

Salad potatoes are nice - cut wash & soak in water overnight. Coat in oil & chilli flakes & cook in the airfryer till done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I cook the wings on a low heat, about 160c for about ten minutes then I take them out. Put the fryer on max heat and put the wings back in and cook until nice and crispy.

Wings with Franks sauce a couple of times a week. Life could get very interesting with an air fryer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭changeling

I love how you can eat fast food at last guilt-free :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement