Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adverts.ie app crashing on iOS7

• 17-06-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anybody know why the adverts.ie app crashes on iOS 7 ? I've tried deleting it and reinstalling it to no avail so next I'll be deleting it from cloud so I get a clean install, I'll let you know how I get on.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Check out the thread on WWDC / iOS7 on the Apple Devices forum, it appears everyone with the BETA of iOS7 is having the same problem.

There's probably not a huge amount any developers can do to fix crashing on IOS7 as Apps cannot yet be submitted to the App Store for iOS7. It's one of the downsides to running a Beta version of iOS. Unfortunately for the developers, many people assume the fault is with the App and will (unfairly) give the App low ratings in the App Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Graham wrote: »
    There's probably not a huge amount any developers can do to fix crashing on IOS7 as Apps cannot yet be submitted to the App Store for iOS7. It's one of the downsides to running a Beta version of iOS. Unfortunately for the developers, many people assume the fault is with the App and will (unfairly) give the App low ratings in the App Store.

Wait, why can't you submit apps for iOS 7? I thought the whole point of the early beta was for Apple to work out the issues and for Devs to get their apps ready for iOS 7? Could you not submit your app for release when iOS 7 is officially pushed to everybody? And in the meantime work out the bugs for the iOS 6 release and just add the addition features, if any, that take advantage of the new API's and features of iOS 7 once its released?

Apple will not accepts apps from the Beta version of Xcode. That doesn't mean developers can't get their Apps ready for iOS 7 and it doesn't mean they can't test their apps on devices running iOS7.

App Store submissions usually open up to devs for a new version of iOS shortly before the public release.

Devs need to think carefully about including iOS7-only features into their Apps as this generally rules out devices running older versions of iOS. This isn't usually a problem for too long with iOS though as users can/do update iOS so easily/quickly.

TBH I think Devs could easily switch to an iOS 7+ version of their apps now. I can't imagine too many iPhone 3GS users will be left, or iPad 1 for that matter. Apple have been great with supporting older devices, the exception of course being iPod Touch users. If Apple had only included better specs in previous models they could have supported them in iOS 7.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Moved from Mac.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    TBH I think Devs could easily switch to an iOS 7+ version of their apps now. I can't imagine too many iPhone 3GS users will be left, or iPad 1 for that matter. Apple have been great with supporting older devices, the exception of course being iPod Touch users. If Apple had only included better specs in previous models they could have supported them in iOS 7.

There's no way for developers to launch an iOS 7 version of their Apps until Apple open up the App Store to iOS 7 submissions.

Graham wrote: »
    There's no way for developers to launch an iOS 7 version of their Apps until Apple open up the App Store to iOS 7 submissions.

Yeah I get that I meant this year. Talking about supporting iOS 7 in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Bloody hell, iOS 7 is a beta for DEVELOPERS to use when testing their apps to get them working for iOS 7 on their testing devices. Not for people to use on a day to day device. Of course there are going to be bugs & incompatible app's if you use an OS before a dev has the chance to tune their app's for it.

Advertisement