Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

There appears to be lots of activity on the Canon eBay site to day. I missed getting a 50MM f/1.8 II Lens just before lunch, but another two just came available for £49.95, got one and the other was snapped up quickly.
    Might be worth keeping on eye out if anyone is still after the original deal on the 1100D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Macer123 wrote: »
    There appears to be lots of activity on the Canon eBay site to day. I missed getting a 50MM f/1.8 II Lens just before lunch, but another two just came available for £49.95, got one and the other was snapped up quickly.
    Might be worth keeping on eye out if anyone is still after the original deal on the 1100D.

linky?

paddyp wrote: »
    linky?

Canon eBay Shop same as in the OP

Two more 50mm f/1.8 II just listed at £49.95 and sold within 5 minutes !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Canon eBay Shop same as in the OP

Two more 50mm f/1.8 II just listed at £49.95 and sold within 5 minutes !!!

Yep they seem to be doing items in small batches at the moment. Had a look at their closed auctions and lots of the EOS 1100D cameras yesterday evening in batches of 2. Still at £179 but slightly different MPN number at the bottom of the listing. Only 1 listing with the two lens version (£199) and another with an IS lens (£199). Going to have to be quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

:mad: Evil bargain alerts!
    Just picked up a lens, came to a total of £52.90 with postage to Parcel Motel. £75 new on amazon. My girl friend will be delighted as she is currently 'minding' my camera :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

can those cameras wirelessly connect to a printer due you know?

Yep they seem to be doing items in small batches at the moment. Had a look at their closed auctions and lots of the EOS 1100D cameras yesterday evening in batches of 2.

Were is the option of viewing the closed auctions ?? :confused:

tacofries wrote: »
    can those cameras wirelessly connect to a printer due you know?

The lower range Canon's definitely wouldn't have wifi built in- not sure at what point they start but I do know the new 750D does have it. You can chance trying to get a wifi sdhc card from EyeFi if you really wanted to make it wireless. Transcend do them as well but the 1100D isn't on the compatibility list. Seems that the electronics and sd card location are different on the 1100D which is why Canon don't make an official battery handle for it either.
    Were is the option of viewing the closed auctions ?? :confused:

You can't view it directly from the sellers page but will have to do an advanced search. From the .co.uk site click on Advanced on the top right of the search bar- put in the search you want and tick the box for Completed Listings. Further down under Sellers tick 'Only show items from' and then include the sellers name (canon_uk1).

Two EOS 1100d currently available on the Canon eBay site - see OP for link - It's the £199.99 package

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

I think the €174 camera is Manufacturer refurbished, and the €199 package is seller refurbished.
    Just wondering if the faulty cameras earlier in the thread were seller or manufacturer refurbs, or both?

• Advertisement

Only manufacturer refurbished.

As an aside I finally got a refund for my faulty camera. A month later! And only after I threatened opening a Paypal dispute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

£199 one. This is most likely with the extra lens. 2 available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290957639009?redirect=mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

2 more @ £ 175. Manufacturer refurbished

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Canon-EOS-1100D-Rebel-T3-12-2-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Kit-w-EF-S-DC-III-18-55mm-Lens-/108812870?_tab=1&_trksid=p2047675.l2644

Only ship to uk. I bought one, used a parcel motel address.

Which is better, manufacturer or seller refurbed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

L5 wrote: »
    2 more @ £ 175. Manufacturer refurbished

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Canon-EOS-1100D-Rebel-T3-12-2-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Kit-w-EF-S-DC-III-18-55mm-Lens-/108812870?_tab=1&_trksid=p2047675.l2644

Only ship to uk. I bought one, used a parcel motel address.

Which is better, manufacturer or seller refurbed?

I would guess manufacturer.

I would guess manufacturer.

Manufacturer is the Seller, so it's most likely one in the same.

Why are there so many of these being refurbished? Makes me a little uneasy that they could be prone to faults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

600D but its not that much cheaper than new on amazon(424STG). Should a refurb not depreciate a little more?

EDIT: Feckit, slog my ass off during the week, may as well treat myself. Fingers crossed its nots DOA like Aristotles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Not the two lens one- has the image stabiliser 18-55 lens though.

How to identify if it's the two lens one or just one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Is this correct?

5161B030AAUK - One Lens
    5161B038AAUK - Two Lens
    5161B023AAUK - IS One Lens

5D MK2 added. Clearly they have a lot of stock to shift.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Is this correct?

5161B030AAUK - One Lens
    5161B038AAUK - Two Lens
    5161B023AAUK - IS One Lens

That seems to be the case...as always I would add buyer beware since those codes could change at any time and are only at the bottom of the listing and not the top.

Earlier in the week they also had what I presume was a one lens version for £179 with a code of 5161B079AAUK. Not sure what the difference between that and the 175 version is- difference in the listing of the title with the lens saying DCIII 18-55 for the 179 but when you look at the tech specs it's the same for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

But was the first 199 deal not the same as the one lens deal?
    What's the difference in the is lens anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

I grabbed the £199 deal that was on this morning before I copped it was the IS lens, will report back if I get two lenses.

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote: »
    But was the first 199 deal not the same as the one lens deal?
    What's the difference in the is lens anyway

The initial post by Basq was for the £175 version (5161B030AAUK) which only has the one 18-55 lens...it was Inquitus at post 16 who bought the £199 version (5161B038AAUK) and revealed at post 142 that it has two lens': 18-55 along with 75-300.

There is a blurb on the Canon site which explains about the IS (Image Stabilizer) lens'. Essentially the image stabiliser is not in the camera body but in the lens and will compensate for movement and you will have a sharper picture. If you get the version with the IS lens then you wouldn't have to fork out for one at a later stage and the extra 25 is probably worth it.

At the end of the day it really depends on what conditions you are shooting in and what type of shots you want. I bought another 2 lens set yesterday for one of my sons since he is a complete beginner with camera's and figured having the second lens is better for an all around learning curve.

The IS lenses are coming up separately in their Ebay shop so it's worth having a look at those- think it was yesterday that they had a 75-200 IS lens for £75 which is half the price of it at Amazon.

Oh ok cool. I bought one of the 199 ones yesterday hoping for the bigger lens but sure I can always send it back.
    They should really sort there listing titles better

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Savage_Henry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Bought a 175 for a friend but she got a Nikon in the meantime. Due to arrive next week so will put up on Adverts at cost price unless anybody here wants first dibs. Am based in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The initial post by Basq was for the £175 version (5161B030AAUK) which only has the one 18-55 lens...it was Inquitus at post 16 who bought the £199 version (5161B038AAUK) and revealed at post 142 that it has two lens': 18-55 along with 75-300.

There is a blurb on the Canon site which explains about the IS (Image Stabilizer) lens'. Essentially the image stabiliser is not in the camera body but in the lens and will compensate for movement and you will have a sharper picture. If you get the version with the IS lens then you wouldn't have to fork out for one at a later stage and the extra 25 is probably worth it.

At the end of the day it really depends on what conditions you are shooting in and what type of shots you want. I bought another 2 lens set yesterday for one of my sons since he is a complete beginner with camera's and figured having the second lens is better for an all around learning curve.

The IS lenses are coming up separately in their Ebay shop so it's worth having a look at those- think it was yesterday that they had a 75-200 IS lens for £75 which is half the price of it at Amazon.

Good post bigfoot: Given the costs of the second lens I'm guessing its worthwhile waiting for the £199 option ?(5161B038AAUK) Would I be right in thinking this.

Got a tracking number. If it gone out at 9AM I probably would have had it tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Got a tracking number. If it gone out at 9AM I probably would have had it tomorrow night.

Do parcel motel work on Saturdays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just ordered myself an 1100D :D

How long did you guys wait before getting yours?

Yep

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Just ordered myself an 1100D :D

How long did you guys wait before getting yours?

Very quick delivery, about 3 days from ordered to PM

"In progress" - Not the best of trackers is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jeez.. mad this thread is still going.

Over in Malta getting some cracking shots with it at the moment.

ED E wrote: »
    "In progress" - Not the best of trackers is it.

Click on 'tracking details' button to get more info.
    Mine is 'received and processed' since 8pm on thurs :/

Click on 'tracking details' button to get more info.
    Mine is 'received and processed' since 8pm on thurs :/

Ahhh. Bit of a homer moment there :p

Date	Time	Location	Tracking Event
    08-08-2013	20:28	National Hub	Received and processed

Probably waiting for a flight on monday along with yours.

If anyone wants one of the £175 cameras I have one here.
    To complicated for me. Sell at cost

If anyone wants one of the £175 cameras I have one here.
    To complicated for me. Sell at cost

Did you get the extra lens with it? If so ill buy the extra lens

That's the 199 version

That's the 199 version

Ah apologies. I thought I read earlier that you bought a 199 version.

Ah apologies. I thought I read earlier that you bought a 199 version.

I thought I did LOL.
    Rushed into it.

Pain in the arse to send it back to Canon all the stuff you have to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Barr wrote: »
    Good post bigfoot: Given the costs of the second lens I'm guessing its worthwhile waiting for the £199 option ?(5161B038AAUK) Would I be right in thinking this.

I personally think it is worth the money since the refurbished lens on it's own has come up as £79 here today. (Although could be slightly different version that ships with the kit- still no Image stabiliser though). The problem is that there haven't been any more that have come up so you might be waiting a while!
    You can collect your items from the Parcel Motel but I don't think the depots are open at the weekend. Second time that I have had to wait until Monday for the item to be received at the depot in Belfast and not sure if it's ParcelForce or Parcel Motel that doesn't deliver at the weekend.
    Very quick delivery, about 3 days from ordered to PM
    Was quicker the first time around- this time I ordered last Wed about 5pm and the tracking is only showing as delivered to the PM Belfast depot at noon today. Hopefully in the PM tonight but not too sure...not even on the PM site yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement