Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I managed to get the extra lens version on 8th August. It's already been delivered to PM. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. Will confirm if I do get the extra lens.

They are not not coming up as often as the single lens one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

12-08-2013 12:00 Belfast Central Depot Delivered

Fingers crossed its on tonight's truck.

Edit:

http://www.parcelmotel.com/MyParcelMotel/Customer/CheckInImage/162160

Edit2:
    She's a beaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

The initial post by Basq was for the £175 version (5161B030AAUK) which only has the one 18-55 lens...it was Inquitus at post 16 who bought the £199 version (5161B038AAUK) and revealed at post 142 that it has two lens': 18-55 along with 75-300.

There is a blurb on the Canon site which explains about the IS (Image Stabilizer) lens'. Essentially the image stabiliser is not in the camera body but in the lens and will compensate for movement and you will have a sharper picture. If you get the version with the IS lens then you wouldn't have to fork out for one at a later stage and the extra 25 is probably worth it.

At the end of the day it really depends on what conditions you are shooting in and what type of shots you want. I bought another 2 lens set yesterday for one of my sons since he is a complete beginner with camera's and figured having the second lens is better for an all around learning curve.

The IS lenses are coming up separately in their Ebay shop so it's worth having a look at those- think it was yesterday that they had a 75-200 IS lens for £75 which is half the price of it at Amazon.

This round of £199 deal did have the extra lens fyi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Has anyone received one of these?
    What kind of condition was it in?
    Does it come in the original box?

Got mine today. It did come with the extra lens.

@littlejp - Yes it's in original box. While the outer box is not in perfect condition the inner two boxes are fine and look new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Got mine today. It did come with the extra lens.

did you got the £199 IS lens version or the original DC version?

^^ I did get the £199 one but it's not the IS lens version. The product code was 5161B038AAUK, which is the 2 lens version.

5161B030AAUK - One Lens
    5161B038AAUK - Two Lens
    5161B023AAUK - IS One Lens (I think it's only one lens but not sure).

Picked mine up from PM this morning. Box in very good nick, all the accessories are wrapped and appear new. Battery only half charged so just fiddled with it for a few minutes then. Charged tonight but only got to play with her after sun down.

Everything appears in perfect nick. Mines 600D with 18-55mm IS II. Nice heft but not too bad. Little larger than I expected. Came with a 4GB C10 card but I have a 32GB C10 that im using. The fact that the lcd is covered while stowed is really nice for transport. Disappointed in the lack of a lens hood but IIRC thats normal. Now to save up a few bob for a nice 50mm prime.

th_IMG_0036.jpgth_IMG_0040.jpgth_IMG_0042.jpgth_IMG_0045.jpgth_IMG_0046.jpgth_IMG_0059.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Got mine this morning. Looks very complicated so looking forward to the weekend to try and get my head around the features.

Camera itself looks brand new amazed at how good it looks.

What have people invested in since they got the camera, new lens, case, filters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Got mine this morning. Looks very complicated so looking forward to the weekend to try and get my head around the features.

Camera itself looks brand new amazed at how good it looks.

What have people invested in since they got the camera, new lens, case, filters etc.

There are bits and pieces dotted throughout the thread so do a search to find what everybody has said. I read the whole thread from the beginning but that wasn't when it was at page 35;-)
    Basq put up a post at 44 with what he bought for his one lens version (including two good books) and I put up at post 449 the items that I bought for the two lens version. Lots of comments in-between though so it's worth going through the whole thread.

I pretty much bought the same again for the two lens camera that is going to be a present for my son. Picked it up from Parcel Motel last night and everything looks as good as the first one. Fired off a few shots and the only thing I noticed was that the auto focus seemed to be a bit slower than mine...wasn't exactly bright though so will try it out again later.

Have to say that from the bits I bought I really like the Kata bag- had it with me in Powerscourt and very light and unobtrusive. Still haven't used the filters but they fit the lenses perfectly as do the camera hoods. The wired remote switch works perfectly as well but haven't used it on a tripod yet- only just ordered the Hama 61 tripod yesterday. Next thing on the list is a battery handle- some have IR so you can use a remote with it but still a shame the way it has be jerry-rigged at the side. Canon don't make one for the camera so it has to be third-party all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

jmch81 wrote: »
    Or this new for €115.95 including P&P from simplyelectronics.net. I ordered it and didn't incur any customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

got one, thanks for post. everyone else: thanks for the feedback on the unit!

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure that's the one lens IS version just in case you were hoping for the two lens version. See here.

Same as the double lens kit I bought - 5161B030AA

implies double, no?

5161B030AA is just the model of the camera as far as I'm aware.

i'll post when i get it :)

its defo the double lens. any of them listed at 199 is double

• Advertisement

Not true, the single IS lens has also been £199.

Single Lens -£175
    Single IS Lens - £199
    Double Lens - £199

Not true, the single IS lens has also been £199.

Single Lens -£175
    Single IS Lens - £199
    Double Lens - £199

That's correct - 5161B023AAUK is the one IS lens version. On the plus side it has Image Stabilizer hence it's bit expensive than the other single lens version.

well i ordered the Is lens version at 199 last week and I got the 2 lens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

TBH the IS option isn't worth it, as the kit lenses aren't the best. Ideally go for the double and then you have much more focal length at your disposal. Then get a 50mm f/1.8 and prepare to have some serious fun.

blahblah06 wrote: »
    well i ordered the Is lens version at 199 last week and I got the 2 lens

So you got 18-55 IS Lens + EF 75-300mm Lens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Got my £199 camera today, two lenses, one 18-55mm & other 75-300mm, both EF. Picked up a Lowepro slingshot camera bag to go with it too. All for under €275. Big thanks to Basq for original post.

KathleenF wrote: »
    Picked up a Lowepro slingshot camera bag to go with it too.

can you link to the bag?

is class 10 memory cards needed for video? AFAIK all i have is Class 4 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Picked it up on Adverts so no link. Worth checking back there though for bargains. Tried a class 4 in mine but going to pick up a class 10 on mymemory.

So you got 18-55 IS Lens + EF 75-300mm Lens?

No, neither of the lens were IS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

can you link to the bag?

is class 10 memory cards needed for video? AFAIK all i have is Class 4 :(

Yep you'll need a class 10 for video.

No, neither of the lens were IS

Interesting. Are you sure the product code was 5161B023AAUK. It says IS lens, but they dont send that, instead they send an extra lens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Seems to be the 5161B030AA listing so only one lens with this.

Interesting. Are you sure the product code was 5161B023AAUK. It says IS lens, but they dont send that, instead they send an extra lens?

Yes it was that code and yes no IS Lens just the standard and 75-300

Barr wrote: »

No it was actually 5161B023AAUK listing for IS lens. As confirmed they dont send IS lens instead they are sending out extra lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

2 more left for sale on the site now.

Yes it was that code and yes no IS Lens just the standard and 75-300

Slightly bad form on their behalf then- if it was listed as IS then I would expect it to be that...although from memory you wanted the two lens version anyway so it worked out for you;-) Just out of interest blahblah06- what is the code at the bottom of the box and in the email they sent you?
    If big_show is still following this thread it would be interesting if he also got the two lens version since he bought the IS one.

I know we are getting the cameras at a great price but they should clear up their Ebay auction pages and have the correct numbers there- seems they are just flinging it up on the one that will closest match the item. Saying that even with the code confirming it on Google isn't helpful with 5161B038AA since it only has a couple of hits...this thread being one of them;-) Lots for 5161B030AA and 5161B023AA though.
    Barr wrote: »

All of the listings for the EOS 1100D have 5161B030AA at the top of the description- if you go down to the bottom of the description and just above the picture of the camera you will see another code- sometimes still 5161B030AA but then for the two lens 5161B038AA and now 5161B023AAUK. That is the code that is in the email confirmation from Digital River as well and what is actually on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

So the confirmation email I got from canon_csuk@digitalriver.com has 5161B023AA, It would be interesting to know if that matches blahblah06's delivery.

As irishbigfoot mentioned I ordered the IS 199 version but it's sitting in a friends house in the north where Ill get it off them on Sunday.

I've asked him to look in the box and he mentioned there's only one lens in it which confuses me as to what version corresponds to what... I'll confirm more once I have it in my hands.

big_show wrote: »
    So the confirmation email I got from canon_csuk@digitalriver.com has 5161B023AA, It would be interesting to know if that matches blahblah06's delivery.

As irishbigfoot mentioned I ordered the IS 199 version but it's sitting in a friends house in the north where Ill get it off them on Sunday.

I've asked him to look in the box and he mentioned there's only one lens in it which confuses me as to what version corresponds to what... I'll confirm more once I have it in my hands.

Ill check it and get back to yas later.
    Maybe your friend just sees the lens on top as the extra lens comes in another box inside a big box.
    So the camera itself has its own box with normal lens

• Advertisement

Ill check it and get back to yas later.
    Maybe your friend just sees the lens on top as the extra lens comes in another box inside a big box.
    So the camera itself has its own box with normal lens

That may be the case. One lens is in the camera box itself while the other lens has its own box.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

gar wrote: »
    Cheers but no such function on the camera.

Will call them in the morning. ..

iirc that's usually under custom functions in the menu. There is also a mirror lockup mode which is similar. Usually if the camera can't see a lens it will go into stop down mode which is handy when using old manual focus lenses. If it's throwing an error there is some sort of communication.
    Basq wrote: »

Was just messing with an increased shutter speed taking a photo of the kitchen tap with water running..

Kinda cool!

Get yourself over to the Photography Forum where we can all be overly critical of your shots! :)
    jamesd wrote: »
    Got mine this morning

Came with the 75-300mm too. Do I need to go and buy another lens now ? Or will this do for most?
    I have spare battery ordered, case and SD card.

If the photography bug bites then be prepared to spend obscene amounts of money on lenses. For now the 18-55 and 75-300 should cover most bases. The ideal lens every starter should get is the so called 'nifty fifty' EF-50mm f/1.8 II. It's cheap, fast and sharp and you will learn a lot more about photography with it.

any word on what was actually delivered for 199GBP?? i'm curious to see if the IS lens (as advertised) arrived.

If it doesn't, I presume that there is a way to chase them up for this? Ebay has rather strict rules about sending the product that was advertised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

any word on what was actually delivered for 199GBP?? i'm curious to see if the IS lens (as advertised) arrived.

If it doesn't, I presume that there is a way to chase them up for this? Ebay has rather strict rules about sending the product that was advertised

I was thinking the same myself.

If blahblah06 did buy the IS version and got the 2 Lens version.

Then surely he/she can raise an issue with Cannon/eBay, return the 18-55mm DC lens and get a replacement IS lens. And who's to say there was an extra lens ;)

Hi lads.
    Ye I got the 2 lens version but I'm happy with it so not bothered to send back for the is. Doesn't bother me.

5uspect wrote: »
    If the photography bug bites then be prepared to spend obscene amounts of money on lenses. For now the 18-55 and 75-300 should cover most bases. The ideal lens every starter should get is the so called 'nifty fifty' EF-50mm f/1.8 II. It's cheap, fast and sharp and you will learn a lot more about photography with it.

To expand on that a little more:

First on my to buy list for my 600D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ED E wrote: »
    To expand on that a little more:

First on my to buy list for my 600D.

Ah the good ole Nifty Fifty, should be in everyone's camera bag!

(Or a 35mm if you're a Nikon owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Ordered the 550D as a present for a friend on Thursday. Picked it up from Parcel Motel this morning. The packaging looks great but I will test the camera out once the battery is charged. It is great value provided everything works. I am an amateur photographer with a lot of expensive lens. As people have said here, the 50mm lens is the best value for the quality given. It's simply amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

So I bought the £199 camera last week expecting to get the second lens but it arrived last night with only one lens. The one included was the 18-55 IS Lens. I sent an email to the seller to query it.

Dazzy wrote: »
    So I bought the £199 camera last week expecting to get the second lens but it arrived last night with only one lens. The one included was the 18-55 IS Lens. I sent an email to the seller to query it.

is the seller representing canon officially? I wonder how much pressure an ebay dispute would put them under?

Dazzy wrote: »

Which £199 listing did you go for? The one with the IS in the title and 5161B023AAUK as the code below? Out of interest which code was in your email?

is the seller representing canon officially? I wonder how much pressure an ebay dispute would put them under?

I would say that Digital River is representing Canon officially and they may accept a return without going to a dispute. If they don't though and the listing was the one with IS lens then there would be no grounds for a dispute. Still a good deal with that lens though and tbh that's what you will be using on a day to day basis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement