Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Missed delivery this morning but just picked up my Hama Tripod from Amazon a while ago as well as a few others goodies. Initially I thought it was a mini tripod. Until I noticed the clips at the end to extend the legs. It's only £12 so I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks to whoever posted it. It saved me searching for a great value one online. Gonna start trying to take some decent photos to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, was messing with my Hama tripod earlier. Very worthwhile at about €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Just picked mine up. I'd ordered it on Tuesday. It looks the job. Charging the battert now so I don't know yet if mine has the fault which others have reported here.

Edit - Seems to be working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Basq wrote: »
    Indeed... I'd be half tempted to pick that up on Ebay, and sell on the second 1100D.

EDIT: Never mind.. listing appears to have ended.

I ended up doing this on Wednesday when the £200 set came back up. Parcelmotel got it today, expecting it to arrive tonight. I'll compare the two once I have the two together (girlfriend is currently in possession of the £175 :( )
    • £175 - Canon: EOS 1100D + EF-S 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6 III CPP ONLY UK
    • £200 - Canon: CAMERA EOS 1100D 18-55DC+75 ** B STOCK ** UK

But I think the standard of the £200 camera will be poorer, hence the B Stock in the title, but got it for the second lens.

Adverts.ie here I come :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

jmch81 wrote: »
    I ended up doing this on Wednesday when the £200 set came back up. Parcelmotel got it today, expecting it to arrive tonight. I'll compare the two once I have the two together (girlfriend is currently in possession of the £175 :( )
    • £175 - Canon: EOS 1100D + EF-S 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6 III CPP ONLY UK
    • £200 - Canon: CAMERA EOS 1100D 18-55DC+75 ** B STOCK ** UK

But I think the standard of the £200 camera will be poorer, hence the B Stock in the title, but got it for the second lens.

Adverts.ie here I come :rolleyes:

I have to say my Camera, the £200 one with the extra lense marked as B stock appears to me to be new and not a refurb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

guys see my post on a nice zoom lense http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056986985 €134.83 from Digital Rev post free within ireland and local warranty.

So I've been playing with it for 5 minutes, and I think mine isn't working either.

All of the photos have horizontal and vertical lines, some photos come out just in black and white, and some come out just in purple in blue. None are coming out normal. I have it set to auto and the lens set to AF.

I assume the CCD is borked? The only other things I can think of is that I haven't fully charged the battery yet and I do have a fairly old SD card in it. However it does this without the SD card in and when I switch to live view shooting the screen constantly flickers blue and purple and has lots of lines running through it. :(

So I've been playing with it for 5 minutes, and I think mine isn't working either.

All of the photos have horizontal and vertical lines, some photos come out just in black and white, and some come out just in purple in blue. None are coming out normal. I have it set to auto and the lens set to AF.

I assume the CCD is borked? The only other things I can think of is that I haven't fully charged the battery yet and I do have a fairly old SD card in it. However it does this without the SD card in and when I switch to live view shooting the screen constantly flickers blue and purple and has lots of lines running through it. :(

could be the **** SD card

Don't think it is though, you can take a photo without the SD card in, and they all look just as bad. When I switch to LiveView I can barely see anything as there are these vertical bands going down the screen.

Don't think it is though, you can take a photo without the SD card in, and they all look just as bad. When I switch to LiveView I can barely see anything as there are these vertical bands going down the screen.

Aye it looks FUBAR, shame :(

• Advertisement

When they get a returned camera do they just look at the exterior and go "Ah yeah looks grand" and throw it in a box?! Pfft. So many people with problems that could have been noticed if they had just switched it on for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

When they get a returned camera do they just look at the exterior and go "Ah yeah looks grand" and throw it in a box?! Pfft. So many people with problems that could have been noticed if they had just switched it on for a second.

Just received a text from PM to say my camera is there to be collected, I hope mine is ok, seems to be a fair few of them having problems right out of the box which is pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭SQ2

Ordered Wednesday, arrived this morning, looks as good as new :)

Flubit certainly takes time with your orders. Made a demand Thursday night (28th) and had the offer back within 12 hours. Paid and ordered on Friday and it still hasn't even shipped yet. Expected delivery sometime mid next week. And another day needs to be added for Parcel Motel too. Looking close to 2 weeks in total.

Normally dealing with amazon I would of had the lens a day or two ago. Luckily I'm in no hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Ordered the £200 version on Wednesday. It did come with the second lens. All working perfectly and looks like new. Thanks again OP.

Picked mine up an hour ago, also came with the extre lens and all working perfectly. Just have to learn how to use it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Got mine too. Also had the extra lens. Seems to be working fine so far, other than the 18-55 lens being quite noisy when focusing. Thanks to the OP. great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

A big thanks to Basq for highlighting this offer. Ordered the £199 one on Wednesday & delivered to PM this morning, just in time for my small guys birthday this afternoon. Looks like new and came with the second lens all in the one "double zoom kit" box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I picked up one of these for my missus (1100d with the 2 lenses). I'll probably pick up a battery grip for it as it feels tiny compared to my gripped Nikon D80 and D300 bodies.

A close up shot with the standard camera kit lens using a hama filter.
    261438.jpg

Mini Steve Jobs was a birthday gift :D

Same kit used for this shot too. Nothing special but an example of the clarity for some of the people awaiting their camera's.
    261440.jpg

Both images are resized to play nice with Boards. Full versions available here and here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Macer123 wrote: »
    A big thanks to Basq for highlighting this offer. Ordered the £199 one on Wednesday & delivered to PM this morning, just in time for my small guys birthday this afternoon. Looks like new and came with the second lens all in the one "double zoom kit" box.

+1 to Basq for this. Good to hear that the one I ordered on Wed will be the two lens one...silly me forgot to change the nicked credit card number to the new one in Parcel Motel so will have to wait until the next time they come down...prob Mon night at this stage.

If the offer comes up again it might be handy to know that the model numbers they have in the listing are different...at the bottom of the page at least. Confusing of course that they are the same up at the top of the page.
    5161B030AAUK refers to the one lens version (and is same at Elara.ie)
    5161B038AAUK refers to the two lens version (can't find it elsewhere online but in confirmation email it is 5161B038AA Canon: CAMERA EOS 1100D 18-55DC+75

Will probably pick up a new memory card from Irish crowd MemoryC. It is worth noting this review from Imaging Resource:
    UHS-I compliant cards are supported, but the camera does not take advantage of their increased transfer speeds.
    Although the speeds could help with the transfer to the computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

lindtee wrote: »
    Ordered this bag from Amazon. It is a compact bag which is what I wanted. Cheapest it has been according to camelcamelcamel. Very well reviewed on Amazon.com too. Worked out at £8.71 including the Irish vat.
    919s4htwoTL._SX425_.jpg

Any other recommendations for a decent bag (at a decent price - this ones looks to have gone back up to £16.99)

RayCon wrote: »
    Any other recommendations for a decent bag (at a decent price - this ones looks to have gone back up to £16.99)

I just ordered this bag http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030U0V0G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 along with a Hama filter and a 50mm lens.

just remember when ordering your bags that its holding a few hundred euro worth of gear. dont put off getting a good bag for the sake of a few euro.

Just discovered this app. Might be useful to some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anyone brave enough to try out the Magic Lantern firmware?

PS. It seems to handle high ISO pretty well...

EF539A801D3541C4AAF3C550363F92B6-0000321957-0003301134-00800L-DE9F607316904F3B9506E895A4BA4D79.jpg

I wouldn't be messing at any test firmware. Wouldn't wanna with something that's working perfect. Big danger of messing things up.

Nforce wrote: »
    Anyone brave stupid enough to try out the Magic Lantern firmware?

I changed it for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I changed it for you :D

Nothing wrong with ML at all, but with these B stock cameras (how many duds so far?) it could be a problem as you may have your own issues before loading any custom settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Nothing wrong with ML at all, but with these B stock cameras (how many duds so far?) it could be a problem as you may have your own issues before loading any custom settings.

Nothing Wrong - Its a risk the same as any other custom software/firmware.

THIS IS DANGEROUS AND MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR CAMERA. *
    * NO WARRANTIES. NO GUARANTEES.

Love my new camera! Another thanks from me Basq!:D

spider.jpg

Full Size Image here

Original RAW image here

Got a Flubit dispatch notification for my 50mm lens this morning. Got an email from Parcel Motel around 10.45pm. At home with the lens by 11pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Picked up the camera from Parcel Motel this evening and as with everybody else that ordered the £200 one last Wed- two lenses and everything is looking good so far. Boxes a bit battered and some of the documentation written on but the goods themselves look flawless. Bit worried when the read/write light was flickering continuously but a card format did the trick. Now to stop taking pictures of the apartment and get outdoors with it:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Anyone else have problems with the parcel tracking number given
    Just getting an error on the parcelforce website
    Ordered last thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

pajodublin wrote: »
    Anyone else have problems with the parcel tracking number given
    Just getting an error on the parcelforce website
    Ordered last thursday

Yeah same problem code not long enough or something have mailed them waiting to hear back

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure the problem is you're trying to use the order number rather than the tracking number. Mine started with the letters PBCB. It was at the bottom of the email "updates for your purchase from canon_uk1"

SQ2 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the problem is you're trying to use the order number rather than the tracking number. Mine started with the letters PBCB. It was at the bottom of the email "updates for your purchase from canon_uk1"

No we're not!!

I've been on to ParcelForce and they've said my tracking number has not been arranged for collection from the sender. The sender would need to request this.
    I received my shipping notice last Thursday!!

Mine didn't work either but the delivery to the Parcel Motel depot was quite prompt. PM will only notify one via a text message/email once they've dispatched your item but it can be seen via one's account on their website once they've received it. I ordered mine on Tuesday, PM received it on Thursday and I received notification on Friday morning that it had been delivered to my desired collection point.

Lemag wrote: »
    Mine didn't work either but the delivery to the Parcel Motel depot was quite prompt. PM will only notify one via a text message/email once they've dispatched your item but it can be seen via one's account on their website once they've received it. I ordered mine on Tuesday, PM received it on Thursday and I received notification on Friday morning that it had been delivered to my desired collection point.

not showing up on my account on PM either!!
    Impatient here :)

• Advertisement

not showing up on my account on PM either!!
    Impatient here :)
    Chill.

For those keeping an eye on their PM account. I was expecting the delivery from Canon last week and kept an eye on my PM account. I wanted to see the photo of the parcel as I was anxious to know if I would be getting the second lens with my £199 purchase. When the delivery showed up in my account, the parcel looked small in the photo and I assumed I wasn't getting the 2nd lens. Turns out the photo was of a completely different parcel and bore no resemblance to the box wait in my PM locker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

No we're not!!

Yes I am

Yes I am

HAHAHA DOH!

The £174.99 one is available at the moment !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Its the same MPN number as the one I bought with two lens:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290940921625

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

damn thing sold out when i was adding the parcel motel address to my ebay account....curses, foiled again

I understand that Ebay works differently and when more come in stock they add a new listing rather than updating an old listing, but is their some way of being notified when these come in stock? Even a Chrome script that checks this Ebay shop for the keyword 1100d every half an hour or something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement