Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

10+ of the £175 model in stock now.... hope 199 one comes in

Gone already?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

yup, 18 or 19 sold very quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

they still haven't posted mine after I bought it 8 days ago
    pawning me off saying it's been escalalted but nothing

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Huh? Trying to be funny? Hasn't really worked

****in hell get a sense of humour!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Sagat06 wrote: »
    How long did it take in total??

About 12 days but thats probably because I left it in on a friday, probably didnt get sent off till the monday or tuesday

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls.. wireless remote I picked up doesn't work with 1100D.

Should have probably checked before ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Basq wrote: »

I ordered the same and didn't check, no harm sure it was cheap.

True enough.. there's no IR reciever on the 1100D, so you'd need a wired remote like this I think.

True enough.. there's no IR reciever on the 1100D, so you'd need a wired remote like this I think.

That or a battery grip with IR built in, my bag came today from eBay and I am really impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I ordered the same too as I thought it worked, I trusted your judgement. Haha

No harm at all as it was so inexpensive but it would of been a handy thing to have. Was looking forward to trying it out.

On another note can anybody recommend a decent filter for the Canon 50mm lens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

DubDJ wrote: »

No harm at all as it was so inexpensive but it would of been a handy thing to have. Was looking forward to trying it out.

hama or hoya

hama or hoya

I've already searched both on amazon and got no results for stuff sold directly from amazon. Was hoping to get one with free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Hooked

Was rudely awoken by a parcel motel text at near 7am and curiosity got the better of me, so I drove out to collect my camera (ordered on Tuesday).

The 199 gamble paid off!!! Second lens included and I've yet to open it all up and test it (late for work now) but I'll keep ye posted!

Thanks again to Basq and everyone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

What kind of filter? UV filters don't actually do anything.

I've already searched both on amazon and got no results for stuff sold directly from amazon. Was hoping to get one with free delivery.
    Bought a Hama one with free delivery (well, once spending over £25+ obviously) off Amazon.. posted it earlier in the thread.

A-ha.. here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Filter-UV-390-O-Haze-58-0mm/dp/B00006JDGH/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1372445356&sr=8-4&keywords=hama+uv+filter+52mm
    They protect the lens if anything..

It's more for scratch/dust prevention. But surely it would get rid of some flare?
    Bought a Hama one with free delivery (well, once spending over £25+ obviously) off Amazon.. posted it earlier in the thread.

A-ha.. here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Filter-UV-390-O-Haze-58-0mm/dp/B00006JDGH/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1372445356&sr=8-4&keywords=hama+uv+filter+52mm

I have that myself but I'm looking for one to fit the 50mm fixed lens. Problem was I was searching 50mm but its down as 52mm. All these measurements still confuse me with these lenses. Found a suitable Hoya lens filter.

It's more for scratch/dust prevention. But surely it would get rid of some flare?

Nope. They can introduce flare though... as they will scratch easier, and give more surfaces for dust or smudges to collect on, potentially introducing their own image problems, so they have very limited value IMHO.

They may offer some limited protection for your lens, but they weren't designed to do this. They were designed for film use, where UV light actually can affect the image/negative. Waste of time on a DSLR IMHO.

..I do have a couple of them, but they reside in the bottom of a drawer now along with my gold plated HDMI leads and Android task-killers. :D

Nope. They can introduce flare though... as they will scratch easier, and give more surfaces for dust or smudges to collect on, potentially introducing their own image problems, so they have very limited value IMHO.

They may offer some limited protection for your lens, but they weren't designed to do this. They were designed for film use, where UV light actually can affect the image/negative. Waste of time on a DSLR IMHO.

I've tried a side by side shot with and without the filter on a tripod and I didn't notice any difference tbh. I know the lens is very cheap compared to others but I'm the type of person who's very protective of anything I buy and like it in excellent condition. So I don't mind spending €10 on something to give it a small level of protection.

• Advertisement

I've tried a side by side shot with and without the filter on a tripod and I didn't notice any difference tbh. I know the lens is very cheap compared to others but I'm the type of person who's very protective of anything I buy and like it in excellent condition. So I don't mind spending €10 on something to give it a small level of protection.

Yep, that's fine. Just pointing out the scam. :D

UV filters are usually a waste but when you come to polarising an ND filters its a different story

Really hope they sell some more of these! Hard to get a definitive answer from their customer service dep

Really hope they sell some more of these! Hard to get a definitive answer from their customer service dep

They most likely will. They've popped up countless times here over the past few weeks. You just need to check regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 J0kerman2

Did you ask Customer Service about it? What did they say?

J0kerman2 wrote: »
    Did you ask Customer Service about it? What did they say?

Not very much really, just that they don't have lists available of products for sale on the Ebay site, as they change every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Got one delivered on Friday, what i did was set up an ebay email alert for Canon camera, 21 came up last week and were gone in minute's.

Got one delivered on Friday, what i did was set up an ebay email alert for Canon camera, 21 came up last week and were gone in minute's.

How do you do that? I dont have much experience with ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Find the seller and click "ADD TO FAVOURITE SELLERS" from there you will see e-mail subscriptions and just tick the box.

If anyone is still has the buyers guiilts, I'll take one off your hands
    Just got my refund through paypal for my cam that never arrived

Just bought a 70-300mm on amazon for £108 for those of use who didnt get the other camera package
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-75-300mm-4-0-5-6-III-Lens/dp/B00005K47Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1374432641&sr=1-3

Gar

• Advertisement

gar wrote: »
    Just bought a 70-300mm on amazon for £108 for those of use who didnt get the other camera package
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-75-300mm-4-0-5-6-III-Lens/dp/B00005K47Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1374432641&sr=1-3

Gar

Just be aware that that wont have image stabilisation.

Yeah I weighed that up.
    The amount of photography I would be doing could not justify tripling that price. Will use a tripod.
    But good call pointing it out

Gar

gar wrote: »

Gar

I settled on a 55-250mm IS for about 150£

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

More for sale slightly more expensive but good deal
    eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

jmch81 wrote: »

Different Seller on this ebay offering - not Canon direct. You may not get the second lens @ this price as was the case from Canon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Macer123 wrote: »
    Different Seller on this ebay offering - not Canon direct. You may not get the second lens @ this price as was the case from Canon.

I know that but its still a great deal at that price

blahblah06 wrote: »
    I know that but its still a great deal at that price

Not imo. Recently enough for £30 more you could get it new, with a free 16GB card and full warranty. The £200 deal is only worthwhile if you get the extra lens.

By the way I'm still waiting to get a refund for my broken camera 2 weeks later! :(

Not imo. Recently enough for £30 more you could get it new, with a free 16GB card and full warranty. The £200 deal is only worthwhile if you get the extra lens.

By the way I'm still waiting to get a refund for my broken camera 2 weeks later! :(

It might not be as good a deal as the 2 lens kit, but €200 is still a good price. The deals from the official Canon outlet on ebay come and go, you have to be very quick to get it before they sell out. I've gone ahead and orderded one from these guys, should be here tommorow. Fingers crossed, it might end up being a 2 lens kit as well!!

J0kerman2 wrote: »
    It might not be as good a deal as the 2 lens kit, but €200 is still a good price. The deals from the official Canon outlet on ebay come and go, you have to be very quick to get it before they sell out. I've gone ahead and orderded one from these guys, should be here tommorow. Fingers crossed, it might end up being a 2 lens kit as well!!

It's £200 rather than €200. At €200 it's worth it alright, I think that's around the old £180 price. But at £200 without the second lens you might as well buy it new. You might get the second lens though, here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 firstofficerp

Have my camera about a month and now and loving it! I'm going travelling around Asia for a few months soon, just wondering what lens people would recommend me getting? I only got the (18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit with mine and looking for something for around €100!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You could go for this from this thread. I did and I'm very happy with it. Delivery took just over a week.

Have my camera about a month and now and loving it! I'm going travelling around Asia for a few months soon, just wondering what lens people would recommend me getting? I only got the (18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit with mine and looking for something for around €100!

Ideal travel partner (light weight etc.), with very good reviews for the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005K47X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Macer123 wrote: »
    Ideal travel partner (light weight etc.), with very good reviews for the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005K47X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    They already have an 18-55mm lens.

Lemag wrote: »
    They already have an 18-55mm lens.

But this is a 50mm prime lens - not the same !!
    The 55mm-250mm might be handy, but its bulky for traveling and you will be constantly changing lens as
    its not useful for lots of travel shots.

I realised that. I guess it's up to them to decide what they'll most likely be needing of their camera.

for the beginner the 18-55 is grand along with a zoom.

to be fair I use my zoom quiet a bit when travelling. its even good for a close up shot when you want magnification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Lemag wrote: »
    You could go for this from this thread. I did and I'm very happy with it. Delivery took just over a week.

Tempted by that lens as well...although I haven't even had time to shoot much with the lenses that came with it! The sons and girlfriend keep on taking it on me so I have only been getting the extra bits for it...

Kata Nimble-3 DL Camera bag Perfect size for the 18-55 attached to the camera with the 75-300 at the side and will be good for day trips/city breaks. I had a good look around Dublin city centre at camera bags and I really liked the Kata range- expensive enough though so at £20 this is a great price.
    Fotodiox Filter Kit, UV, Circular Polarizer, Soft Diffuser, 58mm I noted what the others have said here about filters but on a previous slr setup I always had a polarizer on the lens. I hadn't heard of this US company before but good reviews for their products and this amateur review on filters is what swung it. The filters are metal and glass and fit both lenses perfectly- haven't shot with them yet though.
    Transcend 16GB Ultimate SDHC Class 10 UHS-I Definitely quick and no problems with it slowing down the camera.

Canon RS-60E3 RS60E3 Wired Remote Switch Control Cheaper in an auction...but still on a boat somewhere.
    EW-60C + ET-60 Lens Hood Set Per the Canon chart the recommended hoods are EW-60C for the 18-55 and ET-60 for the 75-300. I haven't received them yet but even if they aren't the best quality- at €2.45 for this set I won't complain!
    6x screen protector ultraclear for Canon EOS 1100D Fit the screen but difficult to put on without bubbles since it was more like a sticker than any other screen protectors I have used- they will do the job but this set might be better.

Tempted by that lens as well...although I haven't even had time to shoot much with the lenses that came with it! The sons and girlfriend keep on taking it on me so I have only been getting the extra bits for it...

Kata Nimble-3 DL Camera bag Perfect size for the 18-55 attached to the camera with the 75-300 at the side and will be good for day trips/city breaks. I had a good look around Dublin city centre at camera bags and I really liked the Kata range- expensive enough though so at £20 this is a great price.
    Fotodiox Filter Kit, UV, Circular Polarizer, Soft Diffuser, 58mm I noted what the others have said here about filters but on a previous slr setup I always had a polarizer on the lens. I hadn't heard of this US company before but good reviews for their products and this amateur review on filters is what swung it. The filters are metal and glass and fit both lenses perfectly- haven't shot with them yet though.
    Transcend 16GB Ultimate SDHC Class 10 UHS-I Definitely quick and no problems with it slowing down the camera.

Canon RS-60E3 RS60E3 Wired Remote Switch Control Cheaper in an auction...but still on a boat somewhere.
    EW-60C + ET-60 Lens Hood Set Per the Canon chart the recommended hoods are EW-60C for the 18-55 and ET-60 for the 75-300. I haven't received them yet but even if they aren't the best quality- at €2.45 for this set I won't complain!
    6x screen protector ultraclear for Canon EOS 1100D Fit the screen but difficult to put on without bubbles since it was more like a sticker than any other screen protectors I have used- they will do the job but this set might be better.

Nice looking bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Been keeping an eye one their page but no more stock up. Any similar deals going?

Advertisement