Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for a room to rent in Dublin 3/4 nights a week

Options
  • 17-06-2013 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I'm currently on an Internship in Dublin, so limited cash, and due to ongoing expenses and reduced work hours, I will only require a room 3 or 4 nights a week, this will be flexible. I'm working in Blackrock and don't have a car, so anywhere on the DART line or bus routes would be great.

If anyone can shed some light, or give me any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Probably best to rent a room in a house share. What is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aisling.h

Thanks for your reply but I am already renting a room, though it doesn't make sense to be paying that much as I am only staying here 3 or 4 nights a week. I'm hoping I can get a room on a nightly basis, preferably not a b&b or hostel. I'm thinking 20 or 30 a night, depending on whether bills etc are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

aisling.h wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply but I am already renting a room, though it doesn't make sense to be paying that much as I am only staying here 3 or 4 nights a week. I'm hoping I can get a room on a nightly basis, preferably not a b&b or hostel. I'm thinking 20 or 30 a night, depending on whether bills etc are included.

it makes no sense for somebody to rent you a room for 20 - 30 a night for maybe 3 or maybe 4 nights on any given week depending on what suits you.

if they are going to rent out a room then why would they do it half assed. Either find a b&b to do a deal with or rent a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

What you are effectively looking for is a houseshare that rents rooms by the night, and to be honest I dont think such a thing exists. Outside of a hotel, B&B or hostel, Im not really sure what your options are. If you were going to be staying in the room on set nights (say Mon-Thurs every week) then you might have some chance of finding someone to take the other nights and share the rent with you, but but if you need to be flexible about which nights then that isnt going to work.

As far as I can see it your only options are to either rent a room properly (by the week/month) or use a hotel/B&B/hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aisling.h

D3PO wrote: »
    it makes no sense for somebody to rent you a room for 20 - 30 a night for maybe 3 or maybe 4 nights on any given week depending on what suits you.

if they are going to rent out a room then why would they do it half assed. Either find a b&b to do a deal with or rent a room.

I looked here before, and people are willing to rent a room on this basis depending. Listen, I am just putting it out there, your comment did not help me any way. So if you have nothing constructive to say then don't say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OP there are plenty of owner occupiers who would be willing to rent on this basis. I myself rent to a girl who is only in Dublin for half the month and I've given her a reduced rate.

Put an ad up on daft and gumtree.

I looked here before, and people are willing to rent a room on this basis depending. Listen, I am just putting it out there, your comment did not help me any way. So if you have nothing constructive to say then don't say it.

My post was constructive just because you didn't like what you read doesn't change that.

Ive been on this forum a long time and ive never seen somebody offer a room on the basis your suggesting.

There have been people that have rented a room mon - thurs for example but not ad hoc based on your whims 3 days here 4 days there type thing.

A midweek let and what your looking for are not the same thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

I rent out my spare room on a Monday to Thursday basis. Its a great deal for both parties. Get in a bit of rental income, whilst having the place to yourself at the weekend, and have the spare room for family / friends to come stay for the weekend. Nothing wose than planning a saturday movie night in with the lass, and finding that your flatmate is doing the same, and hogging the TV.

Stick up an ad on daft and you'd have no problem, but you'll have to commit to a set number of days every week. As other posters have said, I find it unlikely that you'll find someone who is prepared to get paid by the night whenever you feel like staying

I rent out my spare room on a Monday to Thursday basis. Its a great deal for both parties. Get in a bit of rental income, whilst having the place to yourself at the weekend, and have the spare room for family / friends to come stay for the weekend. Nothing wose than planning a saturday movie night in with the lass, and finding that your flatmate is doing the same, and hogging the TV.

Stick up an ad on daft and you'd have no problem, but you'll have to commit to a set number of days every week. As other posters have said, I find it unlikely that you'll find someone who is prepared to get paid by the night whenever you feel like staying

exactly they will have to commit to a fixed number of days. So even at the OPs calculation of 20 euro a night. 4 days a week is the guts of 350 euro a month.

Im sure they could find a house share for that amount. Therefore their ask just is illogical.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

D3PO wrote: »
    exactly they will have to commit to a fixed number of days. So even at the OPs calculation of 20 euro a night. 4 days a week is the guts of 350 euro a month.

Im sure they could find a house share for that amount. Therefore their ask just is illogical.

Heres somewhere for 300 in Monkstown, only up the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Clab

Hi . I have a room to let Monday-Thursday. On 17 bus route to Bkackrock... Quiet home, owner-occupied! Let me know if you are interested?
    Hey

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I'm currently on an Internship in Dublin, so limited cash, and due to ongoing expenses and reduced work hours, I will only require a room 3 or 4 nights a week, this will be flexible. I'm working in Blackrock and don't have a car, so anywhere on the DART line or bus routes would be great.

If anyone can shed some light, or give me any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Advertisement