Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muntons Imperial Stout

Options
  • 17-06-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just started the Muntons Imperial Kit, and was wondering about the bottling stage. It's my first "non lager" so im used to putting in carbonation drops to the bottles. How will it differ for this kit?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There's no reason it would be different. Fizz is fizz.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

So just use carbonation drops as normal? Fidnt think a stout should be carbonate?

Yep, same as normal. You'll get something along the lines of bottled Leann Folláin or Porterhouse Celebration.

Oh really? That sounds lovely. I was half thinking of doing a half batch as a little chocolate/vanilla stout. I'm slowly beginning to experiment (I know you're fairly restricted with kits).

Thanks for the help :)

Dragging this back up as it's related. I'm going to bottle this this week, but there's a massive amount of sediment on the bottom. I've always bottled directly from the primary, but I was wondering if I can put it through to a second demijohn and let it settle, again before bottling? Or would this cause the CO2 to be gone, and in turn, destroy the batch?

• Advertisement

It won't affect the CO2 as carbonation doesn't begin until the beer is sealed into the bottle, so you can put it in a secondary if you like.

Perfect, thanks. Is there any amount of time I can leave it? The reason I ask that, is I'm beginning to experiment with kits (as limited as they are). I'm making a cerveza soon, but im going to add in a tequila essence (sp?). If I rack it off to a secondary, and add in the essence I can leave it sit for a while before bottling?

A few weeks should be fine.

Thanks for that. I said I'd do this year messing with home kits before I start doing ingredients brews!

Advertisement