Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A true heartwarming story

Options
  • 17-06-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

I'd like to share a story about a family I know from the vilage where I live. It's a tale of much sadness but also great joy and it made me, an adult male, come close to tears because it was so heartwarming.

Last summer this family suffered a tragic loss when a mother of three passed away from cancer, leaving behind a husband and her three children, aged 21, 18 and 11. It was undoubtedly a sad time for people in the community and particularly for that family, who have since done remarkably well to try and move on since the tragedy. The eldest of the three kids found full-time employment, the middle child started college and has since passed first year, and the youngest made her Confirmation.

The youngest is also a massive fan of The Wanted, who were performing in Cork recently. Her sister, the eldest of the three kids, brought her to the concert, which turned out to be the experience of a lifetime for the pair. The young girl not only got to meet her favourite boyband; they also called her by name up on stage during the concert. For the girl this was, literally, a dream come true.

In my eyes this is a truly touching story. This family has had to deal with so much pain and grief in the past year, so for the mother's youngest child to enjoy such a unique experience is so, so special. I thank you for reading as this is quite a story and I hope it has made a similar impact on you as what it did to me.

Advertisement