Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon training camps

Options
  • 17-06-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Right so im new to tris but feel I could b pretty handy at them and would love 2 do a week-2week training camp, preferably somewhere sunny. Have yet to join a club so would prob b by myself which doesn bother me too much but would make things easier if id someone t train with. Any suggestions? R any clubs going over the next couple of mnths?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SlowMe

I have heard great reports about this gang for people going on their own (no personal experience though)

http://embracesports.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NewWheels

Roseybear - did you ever get to go? If you did can you share some details?

Did you join a club since too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

NewWheels wrote: »
    Roseybear - did you ever get to go? If you did can you share some details?

Did you join a club since too?

No never got to go, started physical therapy so needed the cash! Ive not joined a club but ive signed up with endurance state(linked with the gym sportsmed Ireland in town) and they upload what I need to do on training peaks and I just do it. Do the running with my old club when I can, but could do with a swimming group, struggle to get myself in the pool

Thanks for that.

Did my first (and only) this year however plan to do a few next year. Still deciding on what best approach would be - camp, club or alone. Alone/few people easiest as do when I want but motivation low sometimes. Love the pool so that helps. May look at a run group to help

Good luck with your training

You too! I would join a club but i work full time and do shift work and in college part time so its just so awkward trying to meet up with a club!

• Advertisement

Probably just start a non-meet club! All members do own thing but call it a club haha

How do you sort your cycle?

Probably just start a non-meet club! All members do own thing but call it a club haha

How do you sort your cycle?

Atm I do 1 longish spin a week and 1 turbo session so do them alone. but there's a regular group being set up to go on weds and/or sat frm the popes cross that I will eventually gt round to attending. Keep saying I will but have yet to appear

Would appreciate info on that group if you could pm when you get it. Ta

Now go to the pool tom :-)

Would appreciate info on that group if you could pm when you get it. Ta

Now go to the pool tom :-)

Its in the cycling forum, cycling group from phoenix park! They looking at 10.30 most Saturdays bout 25km/hr for 70kish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

OP - have a Google of Club La Santa - they have weeks for all types of events. Never went there myself but a clubmate has and can't speak highly enough about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement