Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm engineer mode castle alarms

Options
  • 18-06-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

having recently moved home and made changes to existing doors and windows i need to change the alarm settings,ie new doors windows.problem as i am not too bad with techy stuff i do not have engineer code of the alarm.it was installed probably up to 10 years ago by CASTLE ALARMS
    .I rang them and they refused to give their code.as i am flat out paying for renovation work i really could use it also feel as its my alarm now i should have access too it.really appreciate any suggestions .i have found install manual and default codes but feel ripped of by installers lockout of the system

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 nmop_apisdn

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems.
    Have you tried defaulting this system?
    What changes do you need to make because of the new Windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dublin don

firstly koolkid thanks for very quick reply.i am not only changing winows but also adding new doors and extending everything.i could pull out jumper but it still will not let me have full access.to unlock from engineer mode it would nee to be sent back to manufacturer and as its about 10 years old i dont think they would be interested.also i like to have complete access to anything i own . its a bit like someone else having a pin code for your phone and having to beg or pay to use the functions
    regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

dublin don wrote: »
    i could pull out jumper but it still will not let me have full access.to unlock
    Have you tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dublin don

no not yet .i have managed to get connections as i needed them.did not want to as yet default the system as going on hols shortly.getting a lot of other work done .house is like a building site.maybe i dont need engineer code but still fell i should have it for future use.anyways thanks very much for your advise

• Advertisement
Advertisement