Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims City 5 for Mac?

• 18-06-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Just wonder if anyone knows if/when this will be released?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Definitely going to be released. I heard whispers of August a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Definitely going to be released. I heard whispers of August a few months ago.

Thanks cherryghost -I know..went into GAME today (thought it was to be released on June 11th), but no joy! New to Mac - and bit fed up with it - fab stuff, but feel like I've sold my soul to Apple- it's fairly restrictive!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I think it was already meant to be released by now, but the initial server issues and some teething problems with the Mac version forced it back a few months. I would imagine it should still be out soon though.

I think it was already meant to be released by now, but the initial server issues and some teething problems with the Mac version forced it back a few months. I would imagine it should still be out soon though.

Thanks Sierra Oscar - was a treat for 16th birthday in April, but now looks like will have to wait til August (at least) ...if even:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If you buy it in Origin right now you'll have access to the Mac version when it's released, which is pretty stupid imo. Most people who buy it now will buy it for Windows version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Thanks cherryghost -I know..went into GAME today (thought it was to be released on June 11th), but no joy! New to Mac - and bit fed up with it - fab stuff, but feel like I've sold my soul to Apple- it's fairly restrictive!

I think the Mac version is digital download only. Ill believe the August release date when it happens, it was to be released on the 11th June but they announced it was going to be pushed til August on the 5th June. Sneaky!

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I think the Mac version is digital download only. Ill believe the August release date when it happens, it was to be released on the 11th June but they announced it was going to be pushed til August on the 5th June. Sneaky!

Sneaky is true and typically why Mac is maddening

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If you buy it in Origin right now you'll have access to the Mac version when it's released, which is pretty stupid imo. Most people who buy it now will buy it for Windows version.

I was wondering that myself. So is it like Steam, in that when you buy a game you get access to bother versions?

Advertisement