Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Knocks

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Leslie91 wrote: »

U can he has been around ages though, he made the cutting of Foles and the horny rookie WR look like a piece of cake.

I'm always a bit skeptical when they show stuff like this on Hard Knocks or indeed any other reality sports show type thing.

They made it look like it was just the next day but there's a good chance that he was getting cut anyway and they just used this to make it look like Fisher was a bad ass coach etc.

Stroking his ego.

Not a chance he'd be cutting Todd Gurley if he did the same thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm always a bit skeptical when they show stuff like this on Hard Knocks or indeed any other reality sports show type thing.

They made it look like it was just the next day but there's a good chance that he was getting cut anyway and they just used this to make it look like Fisher was a bad ass coach etc.

Stroking his ego.

Not a chance he'd be cutting Todd Gurley if he did the same thing.

the one thing I took from it was how easily the WR took the release. For a rule break like that, you might expect a fine or something, but to be released seems majorly harsh. And if it was me, I wouldnt just sit there meekly saying "ok coach, thanks". I'd fight for my job. This is probably his only chance of making a roster so I wouldnt just give up just because my missus came into my room before curfew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

bruschi wrote: »
    the one thing I took from it was how easily the WR took the release. For a rule break like that, you might expect a fine or something, but to be released seems majorly harsh. And if it was me, I wouldnt just sit there meekly saying "ok coach, thanks". I'd fight for my job. This is probably his only chance of making a roster so I wouldnt just give up just because my missus came into my room before curfew.

Ya i thought that too but in all the series and what you see but in fairness in such a small world of NFL teams they never know who they will end up playing for and they really don't want to dirty their bib at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's a bit disappointing this year I think. I don't know whether I'm just bored of the same stuff every year but there doesn't seem to be any real characters to like this year. The robot tackle dummy is probably the most exciting thing in it so far which says something.

Maybe when the cuts start coming, it'll liven up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Fisher "I know what I am doing" - You don't.

..."I am not settling for 10 - 6" - You wish.

Gurley is some eejit too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Frisbee wrote: »
    Second this. Had a look through the listings and couldn't see it anywhere in the next week.

This actually started on Sky Sports last Friday, Episode 1 is available On Demand and Episode 2 is airing this Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Episode 1 is free to stream from the Rams site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I love Kush with the tank tops.

The main takeaway from me is what a spoofer Fisher is. He cut that 10th choice wide receiver for having a young one in the room. Clearly that dude was getting cut anyway. He just used it as a segue into this 7-9 bullsh1t monologue. There is absolutely no way he would have cut a guy with a shot at the roster in those circumstances. And then when two first teamers crashed the buggy, after Fisher warned the players to go easy on them? A verbal reprimand is all they get. I would find it difficult to have respect for a guy like that if I worked for him.

D9Male wrote: »
    I love Kush with the tank tops.

The main takeaway from me is what a spoofer Fisher is. He cut that 10th choice wide receiver for having a young one in the room. Clearly that dude was getting cut anyway. He just used it as a segue into this 7-9 bullsh1t monologue. There is absolutely no way he would have cut a guy with a shot at the roster in those circumstances. And then when two first teamers crashed the buggy, after Fisher warned the players to go easy on them? A verbal reprimand is all they get. I would find it difficult to have respect for a guy like that if I worked for him.

The buggy bandits were practically laughing in his face. If the Rams do anything it will be in spite of him and not because of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Frisbee wrote: »
    Second this. Had a look through the listings and couldn't see it anywhere in the next week.

The first episode was on sky last Friday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I know they only moved to LA, but their whole set up seems a step down from say the Texans last year.

They also seem to have some of the most stupid humans going in their team.

Pretty underwhelming series so far. The dinosaur thing is just boring. The guy is either grandstanding or boring.

Either way, who cares?

Willy Hayes and Jarred Goff aren't too bright are they? Awful season. There's absolutely nothing likable about the Rams at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

It all trickles down from the head coach! zzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Willy Hayes and Jarred Goff aren't too bright are they? Awful season. There's absolutely nothing likable about the Rams at all.

I've only watched three episodes but I get the feeling that the makers thought that the move back to LA would make it a big draw and a success which it hasn't. I mean it doesn't help that Jeff fisher sounds he's been forced to talk and in pain anytime he is talking.

He's one boring man to listen to.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've only watched three episodes but I get the feeling that the makers thought that the move back to LA would make it a big draw and a success which it hasn't. I mean it doesn't help that Jeff fisher sounds he's been forced to talk and in pain anytime he is talking.

He's one boring man to listen to.

Eric Kush was the only slightly interesting character on the show
    but he's been cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Eric Kush was the only slightly interesting character on the show
    but he's been cut.

Yeah he was a surprising cut in fairness.. ok so we saw alot of his off the field stuff but he looked pretty good to me playing center too. I see the Bears have claimed him.

But I agree with most of the above, the mermaid and dinosaur crap is tedious.

Oh and Gregg Williams is not a nice human being but we all knew that already. Amazing he is still working in NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I just started watching last years Hard Knocks, caught it on Sky Sports Mix last night.

Can't stand that old fool who used to be in the Marines, Mike Waufle.

I wanted to like the Rams, I like L.A, I like the Dodgers, I like Aaron Donald and I would like to see Goff not be awful, but they make it hard with an anaemic fool like Fisher, a complete bast4rd in Gregg Williams and marine core big mouth Waufle. The dinosaur schtick is done, please leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Overall this Hard Knocks was 'meh'

Didn't really deliver any drama for spots or the cuts , far too much time highlighting how brain dead OL players are ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

BKWDR wrote: »
    Overall this Hard Knocks was 'meh'

Didn't really deliver any drama for spots or the cuts , far too much time highlighting how brain dead OL players are ...

The only redeeming point for me was before I thought Jeff Fisher was a boring knob. Now I only think he's boring. I thought he came across alright in this.

It was quite poor as a series overall though.

I didn't really like it. The only fringe player that had any personality was Kush; seeing the WR duo and Seau's nephew find out their fate wasn't really very interesting. Actually most of the team were pretty unlikeable. Or dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Last years hard knocks was the first one that I watched and I kind of grew to like the Texans and admired Bill O'Brien for the love & effort he and his wife put into their disabled son.
    I even (kind of) liked JJ Watt.

This year, I didn't care about the Rams one way or another, but post-Hard Knocks, I may just actively dislike them.

Also it strikes me how these lads really should not be sprouting piles of kids straight out of college.
    It must be so incredibly hard on families of fringe players to shuffle hither-tither around the country following their husband/dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is this over now after ep 5 or is there more? ( on sky I mean)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

No way Goff ends up being a franchise QB. I thought these guys were scouted and interviewed....I wonder what they saw in him. I think the sole of my left shoe has more brains.

Advertisement