Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Download speeds - Dublin 15 - Crap since 100Mb upgrade!!!

• 18-06-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭

Just trying to get info from some Dublin 15 UPC BB customers. I've been with them for years and had been on the 60mb BB service until I received a text message indicating that a free upgrade to 100mb was en route. Happy days, one would think. Anyway, went home, unplugged and reconnected the (white thopmpson ) modem / router and done a speedtest on both the UPC site and speedtest.net. Speeds really good (via ethernet ). Circa 90mb. However, when I attempt to download a large file, the speed drops to 200 - 600kbps, whereas before I could regularly hit 4-6Mbps ( over wifi ). Problem also evident when connected via cable. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Where are you downloading the file from? Can you get getting something from the heanet archives like a Linux distro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Where are you downloading the file from? Can you get getting something from the heanet archives like a Linux distro ?
    Tried exactly that. Identical D/L speeds. Must be my end, but where? Or throttling perhaps?

Advertisement