Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Mullaghmore Triathlon - 22/06/2013

Options
  • 18-06-2013 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

So who is in for this? Looking forward to it. I raced it a few times a while ago and always liked the course, the run route in particular.

Info here - http://msctri.com/images/stories/news/MSC-2013_RaceInfo.pdf

I am staying not too far away in Bundoran. Got a house (somehow! with Sea Sessions on i wasnt expecting there to be anything available!) and have possibly a spare room if anyone was stuck for a spot?

Feeling good at the mo too, finally beginning to get skinny! Have pushed out a nice 340W for 30mins last Saturday on the bike and have had some signs of the run legs being in good shape so fingers crossed it all ties together! Swimming is all i havent been as consistent with so hoping i dont panic again like that happened at Rosses Point!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

I'm in too. See you there. I'll be travelling up and back on the Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Good stuff. Long time since we crossed paths so will be good to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

I am in too and really looking forward to it. I hope it is a nice day not just for racing but so that everyone gets to see this beautiful place in all it's glory. I will be staying in Donegal, rented a nice beach house. We might go to the sessions in Bundoran although it's 30min or so from where we are staying. I hear there will be a good gang staying in Mullaghmore too so that maybe an option.

For me I have no expectations at all only to improve on Rosses Point which will be easy to do :) Really I think I won't be in good form until either HoTW or maybe the weekend after (not entered a race that weekend but we will see how the next two go first)

See ye there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Has anybody seen a start list for this weekends NS race in Mullaghmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anybody have a link to results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

redtagtiming.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Good day out. Swin was tough, seemed we were into a current. Wind made bike challenging and that run route is one of the best, lovely tester of a route. Happy with my day. Didnt have a great swim but not too bad coming out around 20th but the bike legs were there today and hence i made my way to 5th and then capped off with a nice 17:30 or so run to bring me to 3rd. Wrecked now, been nodding off all evening! Was a little surprised as i was feeling very tired during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Congrats bambaata, excellent result

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Joe the whinge wants too know are flashers allowed if they are over thirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

well there was a guy running topless around mullaghmore head, not sure if anyone pulled him up on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

promethius wrote: »
    well there was a guy running topless around mullaghmore head, not sure if anyone pulled him up on it...

I passed him on the run. I was tempted to warn him but didn't want to be seen chatting up the nudie lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

hardCopy wrote: »
    I passed him on the run. I was tempted to warn him but didn't want to be seen chatting up the nudie lad.

:D i was watching the race, also felt tempted to same something given the recent issues but didn't

Advertisement