Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what age did you first get drunk at?

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:17am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭

For me I was 16, my sister took me to a night club and I drank 3 bacardi breezers. When I got home to bed the room would not stop spinning. That put me off alcohol until I was 17 and got to college.

What age did you first get drunk at? 310 votes

11 and under
    0% 0 votes
    12-13
    5% 17 votes
    14-15
    14% 46 votes
    16-17
    36% 114 votes
    31% 97 votes
    18+
    11% 36 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

12. In a field. Sparkling Cider it was

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

22..i was a late bloomer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

13 and I couldn't get to my feet until mid afternoon the next day. Cider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

For me I was 16, my sister took me to a night club and I drank 3 bacardi breezers. When I got home to bed the room would not stop spinning. That put me off alcohol until I was 17 and got to college.

17 for me. Copious amounts of vodka.

But I must have been a hardened drinker from the start, because prior to that, at 15 and 16, I'd have two or three drinks on a night out (lax security in the local over 18s!), usually Pernod or Bacardi Breezers and they would barely even make me tipsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

12-13 and I've not been able to drink cider since :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

18 or 19? Can't remember, I was drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

16; pints of fosters when I was in London for a weekend away, topped off with vodka. Ended up being driven around the locality trying to sober me up before I was caught by the oul pair. I vaguely remember getting sick out the door.

Then my oul pair made me go do touristy shíte the next day whilst severely hungover!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

13 years of age, drunk on a bottle of Thunderbird :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

In my mid-20s.

Don't get me wrong, I can't even remember how old I was when my gran first allowed me a sip off her beer, it's just that I never drank so much that I would end up drunk until one day in my 20s.

I hated it, and have avoided getting drunk since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

At what age did you first get drunk at?

OP is drunk right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

13,on vodka.glad i started early dont drink at all now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

3 months. Gripewater. Can't remember much of what happened, I musta been plastered.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

14, polished off a bottle of gallo. Ugh.

Remember being on the bathroom floor at 4am thinking I was about to die. Kept saying 'I'm sorry, I'll never drink again'

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

15, on a karate club trip to Jersey. Having to catch 2 flights the next day with a hangover put me off the stuff for a while, although the Aer Lingus fry (late 90s when this was a thing) did act as good soakage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Ten, gathering potatoes in the hail and snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

12 on warn cans of beer nicked from my friends house, thought we were mad till we got caught and grounded ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

35. Ma wouldn't let me drink till I tidied my room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

14, drank a heap of cider at a house party. Put me off drinking for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

12, a few hours after I took the pledge.
    14, on a school trip to France.
    15, drinking neat brandy - first time I actually passed out from drinking.
    16/17 - started drinking regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

18 for me, on my 18th birthday, budweiser/heineken!

Had been tipsy before a few times, at 16/17 usually on just a few bacardi breezers :eek:, but 18 was the first time I was just drunkity drunk!
    I remember thinking one minute "oh being drunk is great, I can handle drink" :D then quickly went to "I dont think I can walk the 5 or 6 steps to the bathroom without falling over" :o:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

4 . With my neighbour who was 4 or 5 at the time, we nicked a couple of bottles of beer out of his parents house and sat beneath a tree playing "oul fellas". Got caught (obviously), vomited everywhere and left it until I was 14, almost 15. I had a few beers when we got the Inter Cert results and I was a fair bit pissed alright. Didn't get caught thank Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

That's why I don't have impaired mental development like most Irish people
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    That's why I don't have impaired mental development like most Irish people
    :pac:

Too bad you've never reached enlightenment.

17, vodka in Paris on a balcony outside our hotel window. It was amazing... still is to this day. Quote of the trip was "I feel great" because I kept saying it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

13, My friend and I went halves on a six pack of Dutch Gold, I have been drinking that liquid gold ever since. I'm even a member of the Dutch Gold appreciation society.
    To the tune of "Touch Me" by Rui Da Silva

"Dutch me in the morning,
    and last thing at night
    keep those cans a supping
    you know it feels right!

Drop me down the offie, I'll go there with you
    Six for seven euro,
    I'm feelin it too!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

12, a few hours after I took the pledge.
    Do you take the pioneer pledge at 12? I thought it was earlier. I remember on the day I became a pioneer I found a can of beer behind a wall at the priests house, I took it as a sign and drank the can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

My dad got caught drinking by his mother when he was 36!! She didnt speak to him for weeks!

Me, 17!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

14. once when I was in 2nd year I went to a friends house during lunchtime and had a glass of vodka... I don't remember much after that only I had double latin first thing after lunch!

Next time was 16 in a pub and after that was 17 in an army barracks :)

I'd drank a few time before in (including in the pub on jc results night) but think the first time I got properly drunk was when I was 16 down the pub with a few relations, Had about 6 or 7 pints, cant believe how drunk I was after so little drink looking back, compared to what I put away some nights now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Another late bloomer here, I was just twenty when I first got drunk. It was at the end of second-year exams if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

ScumLord wrote: »
    Do you take the pioneer pledge at 12? I thought it was earlier. I remember on the day I became a pioneer I found a can of beer behind a wall at the priests house, I took it as a sign and drank the can.
    No I was twelve making it on my confirmation.

Advertisement