Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what age did you first get drunk at?

Options
13»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Jamsiek wrote: »
    I was 3 actually. I used to love Guinness in a little glass with sugar to sweeten it.
    Anyway they lost count on how many they gave me due to them having too many also.
    I fell asleep and when I finally woke I started falling about the place.
    My uncle thought it was hilarious and took photos but my mum was livid to see her 3 year old kid so drunk

Eh, that's quite shocking actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I first drank at 16, but didn't get even moderately drunk until I was 20, and that took half a day. Up until that point, I would have a beer or two wile playing Snooker on a full-size table - so the drink intake was naturally-limited. :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Aren't we a great example to the youth of today, every one of us pissed out of our heads before we hit puberty? I'm off to sef-flaggellate myself in shame.

I was 19. Went to a 21st and got pissed out of my head and I didnt even know what I was drinking. I ended up sitting at the table feeling very drowsy when all of a sudden I felt I needed to get sick. I was a little late and destroyed the toilet and my clothes. I somehow managed to get my jacket on and walk home. I ended up walking about 12 miles :o

Then a few weeks later. I went to an 18th and got just as drunk and actually had to be carried home. That was about 2 years ago and I havnt drank since. I seriously reckon I have a problem. When I party I just can't stop drinking :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

nearly 3 years old

I finished off a few adults drinks one Xmas

they came in to find the drinks gone and me running around in a circle before falling over and sleeping it off

then when I was 16 and went working for my Uncle, away from home and we went to his Xmas do at work, I drank 9 pints of Castlemaine XXXX and puked up for most of the next morning, including down the side of his car as we crawled along in traffic

classy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

around 16. went to a "pioneer" weekend in donegal on a 50 seater bus. there was some mix-up with the supervisors, resulting in no adults travelling with us. my 6'4" cousin went into a local bar, and bought a load of naggins, whiskey and vodka. we spent the weekend in the hotel bedrooms, drinkinin neat spirits, playin poker, and smokin the shít out of it.....man, what a weekend!! thanks pioneer movement!!! (and got to "know" a few of the girls a little better too!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

16, and severely drunk. Bit of a blessing in disguise over the years really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

When I was thirteen I went on a drinking binge, must have had something to do with the pledge. I could get served in most of the pubs in my locality due to their lack of adherence to the law, oh the shame.:o It involved consuming massive amounts of alcohol (about four cans of Hoffmanns), associating with degenerates, vomiting hapes and furious headbanging at the local teenage disco. Good times.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I was 15 and I had been babysitting for my cousin while she went out to run a few errands. On her way back she picked up 6 Smirnoff Ice for me as payment. :o Some of her friends came over and they all had a couple of beers, I had my Ice and I was so drunk after the 6 that when I decided I needed to go to bed, I stood up and fell sideways into the (unlit) fireplace!
    Took a good 10 minutes for me to finally stand up and stumble out to the stairs, a further 5 minutes to climb the stairs (on all fours) and then when I finally got to bed the room kept spinning.

Good times! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

my first time getting tipsy id say i was 16.

Id get drunk fairly easy, sometimes i can get sick easily and sometimes i can drink lots.

What i find good sometimes (this may sound crazy) that getting sick in the middle of the night kind of makes you feel better and you tend to drink more alchol after effect free.

I cant do shots like everyone else, everytime i take a shot i hold it in my mouth and it tastes horrible.

I like alcohol for its effects and not for its taste :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

First started drinking around primary school, maybe 11.

Got drunk for the first time when I was 12-13. Cant quite remember.

for some reason I'm actually surprised at people who didnt get drunk until they were 18+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

About 15, with both my parents in the house of my mothers friend who's daughter was heading off on her debs. They let me have 2 smirnoff ice's. The man of the house was plying me with extra's on the sly (i'd say i had another 2). Had to walk home with my folks absolutely buckled. Thems were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Had my first drink on my 18th birthday, a lovely Somerset cider. First time drunk was a few months later at a friends 18th. Four cans of bulmers led to mad dancing, stopping my friend falling asleep outside the local Chinese and puking in the kitchen sink after downing a pint of water when I got home because it seemed like a good way to prevent dehydration. Great night, sick and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I was a late starter - 17. Six cans of Strongbow for £5. I didn't feel that drunk, but ended up spilling my body-weight in vomit all over the sitting room carpet. I haven't touched cider since. Even the smell of Cidona is enough to make me feel like throwing up.

Advertisement