Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warsaw or krakow

• 18-06-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Going to Poland with the missus at the end of september. What city is the best to stay in with regards sight seeing, tours, shopping and that is not a kip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

I would not go to Warsaw for a simple reason. Like every other capital city it is overpriced
    Hotels are more expensive than in other cities, lots of traffic, restaurants overpriced, etc etc.

For sites seeing Krakow would be much bettter. But ... why go to krakow?

Everyone goes to Krakow.

I advise to fly to Gdansk and visit 3city - gdansk gdynia sopot and pomerania area.
    Google pictures from those 3 cities. They are beside each other and linked with local dart (skm) plenty of options places and shopping centres too.
    If you need some more information pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

never been to warsaw but krakow is a lovely town for a few days with plenty to see and do in the vicinity to keep you occupied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

I am currently travelling around Poland and prefer Krakow over Warsaw. Both are great places but Warsaw is more industrial, expensive and takes longer to get around. Krakow is pretty amazing and beats a lot of other European cities I have visited.

Ask any of the locals though and they will tell you to go to Gdansk. I am heading there tomorrow so looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I think in September Krakow is host to a "sausage dog parade" for Dacshunds. Surreal! :) Wonderful city. I haven't been to any other Polish cities, though, so I can't offer a preference/ comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Supersiderman

Cheers for the advice. Might visit Warsaw for a day to see what it's like and the rest in krakow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Good choice. Krakow is beautiful and very Romantic. The city is so full of history. Have ye found accommodation yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Never been to Warsaw but krakow gets ruddy cold at night. We went in the 2nd week of October and was hitting -10 at night. Bring the woolies.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Where did ye decide on? Krakow is beautiful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm going to be in Warsaw for about 2 and a half days of a trip we have planned in mid-November. Main reason we're going to Warsaw is because we have a friend studying over there and we're going to meet up with them after a few days in Berlin. Was a little discouraged to hear not so great things about the city based on past threads on boards but could anyone recommend any thing interesting or fun to do during the days? So far it seems like the only consistent "must do" activities are a trip to the Warsaw Rising museum and a browse around the old town.

Would it be worth spending one of the days doing a day trip to Krakow with a guided tour of Auschwitz with the option of several hours on your own in Krakow or a personal guide until the train back to Warsaw? I saw a company does this for around €100 - 130 all inclusive. Would it be worth it or would it be cramming too much into a day?

Advertisement